Y&R: Pretty big Phillip III spoiler...

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they didn't get past the idea of Phillip returning home. I think that was the image in their heads and everything else in the story has been something of an afterthought. It's a very fan fiction approach. Similar to unrelating Katherine/Jill to get Mac/Billy together again, even though so far nothing good has come of those elements.

• Members

It makes ZERO sense in that Cane married Chloe for the baby, called her out on her lies, all that anger and we're supposed to believe he knew all along Billy was the father? Billy wasn't even in the picture at that point. Not to mention, he says he used P3's blood when we clearly saw he was cheek swabbed for the paternity test.

• Members

Carl... he said he didn't care about acting in the past, when nothing was being offered him... but NOW, he's been bitten by the bug again. A queen's entitled to change her mind, ya know. This is from his website:

"It's been incredible being back. I cannot be very specific right now, but I can tell you that this is my dream job. It's like coming home in a whole new way. The new actors I've met have been remarkably supportive, and just a heck of a lot of fun to hang out on the set with. The directors and crew, stage hands, make-up, wardrobe, I mean it's really clear everyone loves what they do here not to mention how talented they are. I feel incredibly blessed to be here and hope it last for a long, long time."

• Members

What I do not understand in regards to the blood is how in the world did the lab not know that the blood was frozen the first 2 times. That is something from my understanding that is pretty noticeable. And esp. the way that Paul described it on Friday's episode. That would have shown up the first 2 times.

It is awful that when you watch what was once a very intelligently written soap that you now have to suspend any sense you have in order to buy the stories.

And I still want to know what MAB is going to do with this memory thing of Kay's. And if P3 was worried about sending someone to his family why did he wait so long. Why not soon after the death so they didn't have to grieve for years. And why did he choose to do it just when Kay was having those flashbacks. Did they implant the flashbacks so that Cane would have an entry?

And again why send Kay and Jill a child but not send his son a father?

It's a sad thing that Y&R didn't get an Emmy nom for Best Writing this year, because with stories with so many holes in them like this one they won't win one next year either.

• Members

Well, from the way Paul described it, he said that AFTER the initial DNA test, when they were trying to do some additional testing (he didn't say why) that the red blood cells were breaking down. I guess wer'e supposed to believe that if they only had done the DNA and nothing else, it wouldn't have showed up? Or maybe the length of time being frozen has something to do with it?

• Members

Exactly! Paul implied that if they didn't specifically test for frozen blood (i.e., check if the red blood cells were broken), that wouldn't be part of the report.

I kind of imagine that is bullsh!t, but that is the reality they established yesterday.

We still need to know why Cane FAILED the first DNA test with Jill.

Also, is it true that Cane's test for Delia was a buccal swab?? If yes, did he also freeze some of P3's cheek lining??

Archived