Y&R: Pretty big Phillip III spoiler...

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know we're dealing with semantics now, but my big concern is the phrase "faked his death".

If Phillip actually faked his death, then yes - there is a big problem with it.

HOWEVER - if the accident, the drunk driving, the death was all REAL - and then he was revived, and realized his "way out" fell into his lap, then I'm more forgiving of the retcon. But Phillip Chancellor is not Stefano DiMera, and wouldn't actually orchestrate and fake his own death.

• Members

I'm sorry, but who the f.uck cares about what Thom Bierdz wants? He's not the one writing this show, and just because he's gay, doesn't mean his charafter has to be. So, he faked his death, and stayed away from his son and family because he's GAY? What kind of lame ass excuse is that? I find it highly offensive, and this is as bad as anything Lynn Marie Latham has done.

I love how some give Maria a free pass, yet it's so easy for them to point out Latham's hell. News flash, at this point, neither is better than the other.

• Members

That's just as bad, why would anyone want to revive him? This isn't DAYS.

Sigh, JER is truly ghostwriting this show.

I don't care, either way it craps on history and Maria is doing exactly what Latham always got thrown to the dogs for. I find it hard to believe he would abandon the his son, no matter what the hell his sexuality was. Not only is this offense, it's a totally assassination on the character.

Have fun in Hack-dom, Maria Arena Bell.

• Members

Yes, MAB rewrites history, craps on history, and brings about all this "shock" and "awe" tales with no substance, and she's praised for it by many, and many of those same people despise Latham (which is rightfully so). Maria's storytelling approach is no different than Latham's, it only has a slower pace and more nods to history.

Thankfully, to me, it seems more and more people are growing dissatisfied with this mockery of a show.

Why must they be compared? They both suck on their own.

• Members

I have so many problems with that kiss, one of them being how completely un-subtly that episode was written & directed. As if someone was beating you with all the obviousness of what was going to happen.

• Members

Sadly, the people who just post the same thing over and over again are the ones TPTB ignore and brush off as "Internet crazies". They're much more willing to listen to a post that says something constructive and criticizes them in a rational way, as opposed to "This sucks" or "You're a hack".

But I digress... back to Phillip. I want to see how it plays out. I think the scenes and story will be wonderful for a few months, but the true test will be where Phillip and the story are a year from now. If this is dropped by the fall, I'll be calling for heads to roll, believe me. But I want to wait to see how it plays out. This could either be the best thing in the world for the Chancellor family in the long run, or the worst.

See, THAT'S a valid criticism. LOL!

• Members

Gee, I would hate to see the reaction you guys would have if your husbands/wives/kids/best friends came out after years of being "straight." Not everyone comes out when they're a plucky teen wonder (I'm looking at you, Luke and Noah). Sometimes I feel like the writers/producers can't do anything right in the eyes of SON. For years everyone was crying about how they wanted the shows to be more diverse and progressive and now that Y&R is finally taking chances that could produce great drama, everyone's up in arms. Just watch the story first and then see if you hate it or not. For all we know, it COULD be horrendous, but it could also be quite powerful.

• Members

Totally understandable. A writer/director/producer reads this on a message board and thinks "Wow. Maybe we did drop the Anvil of Obvious once too many times." And maybe the next time they have an episode with something similar, they pull back.

They read "HACK!" and just skip to the next post.

Sometimes?! Try all the time.

I realized and accepted that about SON years ago. LOL!

Archived