Y&R: Update to Adam and Rafe Rumor

• Members

I would never defend Branco but CE may have quit because he figured that Rafe & Adam would eventually kiss, even if it wasn't currently in the script. That said, the comments from ED strongly suggest CE was upset about the whole Adam storyline and not particularly the gay content. Who knows?

And this is may problem with Branco. It's all gossip. He is getting stuff second hand. There is no way in hell that CE or Paul Rauch or Yani Gellman are calling up NB to give him the unvarnished truth. The question becomes exactly who are NB's sources? I would make an educated but not scientific guess that his sources may be one or more of the actors he gushes over: Thom Bierdz, Billy Miller, Michael Grazadei, Greg Rikaart, Elizabeth Hendrickson. Whoever it might be, NONE of them are directly involved in the Ram storyline. So they would have gotten the story second hand and like any game of telephone, facts change with every telling. ED and EB are upset with CE for quitting but neither of them hinted that the gay storyline was the reason. They both said it was about how evil Adam had become. Who would know better than them? Branco's story is based on an UNNAMED source who was probably not directly involved in the storyline.

Back to the show, since this is the spoiler thread, we know that P3 will be gay, which MANY of us predicted. I am not especially interested in Rafe & P3 but I am VERY interested in the idea of Adam & P3. I posted somewhere in another board that they're taking Adam in a David Kimble direction, so how about a classic retelling of the David/Nina story with Adam/P3?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, that just sucks. Adam being gay is a complete joke. People have to learn to accept that and live with it. It is utter nonsense. Furthermore, please, no more retellings... They're killing this show, those recycled, seen fifty times storylines.

• Members

Adam is having sex with a man. Whether he likes it or not, he's now officially a bisexual. He would not be able to perform if he didn't have at least have some attraction to men. Maybe he's only aslightly gay -- like 2 on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being totally straight and 10 being totally gay. But he's definitely no longer 100% straight.

• Members

Wait a second?

If Adam says "Oh no...I've got to divert him. I know, I'll f*ck him!". And then he fantasizes about Heather or whomever will giving it to Rafe, trying desperately to keep it up to perpetuate his ruse, does that make him bi?

Or if Adam just performs oral sex on Rafe...not getting any joy...but just to distract Rafe, does that make him bi?

IMO, no...but that's just me.

• Members

Mark, I believe that Homosexuality is on a scale. It's not a simple case of straight, gay or bisexual. Adam, by being able to go through with the act, is at least a little bit gay. I don't have a problem with that all because I believe all of us are somewhere on the scale. I'm straight but not 100% straight. I would be willing to experiment with Megan Fox, Angelina Jolie or Charlize Theron! IMO, if I were 100% straight, I would find the thought of same-sex relations with any woman repulsive. Most women don't intrigue me but a few do so I am not a 1 on the Kinsey scale. The vast majority of my male gay friends told me that they are occasionally attracted to women and even sometimes sleep with them. I've only meet a handful or gays or lesbians who are 100% gay. And most of my straight friends (especially women) have told me that they either crushed on someone of the same sex once or even experimented.

As for Adam, I know it would never happen, but I thought that TPTB should have played a strange attraction between Jack & Adam. PB & CE had this very interesting chemistry and CE (perhaps unconsciously) played Adam as having a man crush on Jack. I don't mean a conventional romance -- just a kind of angry attraction that maybe one day exploded in a kiss.

• Members

Oh, I'm ALL about the Kinsey scale. What I'm saying, though, is that this "sick and twisted" Adam (his words, this ep) could in fact be a "1" on the Kinsey scale, and STILL suck off Rafe if he needed to, with no desire whatsoever.

I saw the CE/PB chemistry too...but I also saw the resemblance (in coloring, etc.). For me, a cool twist would have been to show that the close Jack-Hope friendship once yielded a brief indiscretion. And from that...sprung Adam.

• Members

No, because that means all the gay guys who have had sex with woman are either a little bit straight or bi and I don't believe that at all. I think men are very capable of performing with a less than ideal partner for any number of reason that have very little to do with desire for that individual person. Gay for pay, prison homosexuality and saving one's ass from TGVN all seem to fall under that category, imo. I'm sorry, but I think one would have to be very very homophobic to choose life in prison and the wrath of Victor over a 10 min roll in the hay with Rafe. It's called survival.

• Members

One of the reasons I find this a totally crappy tale is that in order to get Rafe out of his way, "seducing" him is the first thing he does. First. Not, like, fifteenth, when it might have been more plausible. But to think that the first thing a heterosexual guy would do is seduce another guy in order to escape something when there are tons of other ways to do it is why this story sucks.

• Members

See, with Muhney now playing him, I don't see him as this wacko who cannot control what he does. He is very manipulative, controlling, calculated. It makes zero sense to me. I can completely see the haste in writing, the desperate conquest for SHOCK! value...

Archived