Y&R: Update to Adam and Rafe Rumor

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would like to meet someone whos story this is, lol.

I have yet to see a gay male on soaps with my story, i guess because being gay and it not being the defining issue in my life isnt compelling drama! lol. i also dont get seducded by str8 men using me in a plot, nut that i would be opposed to it. lol.

but you are right. and ir eally hope i dont come off as a gay guy defending the gay aspect of this storyline. i do like that the show chose the gay aspect when it could have easily used a female in the rafe role; but thats about it.

• Members
You and anyone else are free to defend this story. But that won't make it any less plot driven or shallow to me.

What I don't understand is why is Rafe selling his aunt(who I assume is like a mother figure to him) up the river for some cheap sex? Wouldn't Rafe be able to tell he's clearly being used?

I mean, the guy is a lawyer, so he's not an idiot. You mean to tell me some guy who was savvy enough to go through six+ years of school, is openly gay, is too blind to see he's being used? Really?

Yeeeeeeah right!

• Members

add me into the WORD on this one. And I think what annoys me the most about it. She so didn't want it to be a "coming out story" so we get this cracked out story which reminds me of the gay serial killer on OLTL almost.

• Members

I, am there with you. It is shallow. Its plot driven and full of plot points.

As for estella, all i can think of is the show might try and sell us Rafe is in love with Adam and you know people do stupid [!@#$%^&*] for love. Again, plot point in a plot driven story.

And as for the lawyer, maybe hes book smart but not street smart? LOL.

• Members

You go!!! And once again, I see MAB use a gay character in a way that's unexpected, as a pawn in a sinister plot, and she gets criticized for it. Isn't this what everyone's been wanting? Something that's CREATIVE and hasn't been done to death on daytime? I'm all up for this. Women are victimized on this show all the time, if anything, it will make me feel a ton of sympathy for Rafe. Go and look for gay movie rentals, and your'e hard pressed to find one that's NOT about Coming out, AIDS, or Drag queens. There is cheap, soft core horror, like Dante's cove, with underwear models instead of actors... but PLEASE. This is being done on a REAL QUALITY show with real actors. I cna't wait to see it. Anything to relieve us from the scoobies works in my book.

• Members

I don't know how many viewers will have sympathy for a man who chooses a crazy guy he has plenty of reason to distrust over his beloved aunt. I also don't see the story as creative. I think it's exploitive. If they had made any effort to develop Rafe on his own, so viewers would care about him, then I'd be more eager about the story, but I don't think they have. I don't think it's creative because I think they are only using a gay man to try to rev up interest in a story full of stunts. I guess for me it's as creative as other twists like Ashley having her fetus burned by Adam, or Ashley getting a baby doll head, or Ashley having a doctor who sexually abuses patients. The show lumps all this together to show how far Adam has gone.

There are many gay movies of varying quality, some are horrible, some are downright offensive, but most of them at least attempt to tell a story from a gay point of view. This story has actively avoided trying to tell anything from Rafe's point of view.

• Members

Give me a BREAK!

How the hell has this not been "done to death"? Psycho/!@#$%^&*]/Pretty Boy takes advantage of someone who has a crush on him and uses said person for their own personal gain?

And how is this not unexpected? Just about every gay character in daytime recently has been USED for a sinister plot...Daniel Coulson's college student lover on OLTL, Nuke and the crazy homophobe dad on ATWT, Bianca and the rape/babyswitch on AMC...

And if they're not used for a sinister plot, they are backburnered heavily or dayplayer caricatures.

Yeah, like misogyny and the victimization of women has worked to daytime's benefit.

And this IS a coming out story! Adam is hiding the fact that he's porking a dude! That will have to COME OUT!

I don't understand why this isn't being called a coming out story.

• Members

this is NOT a coming out story. at all.

The only aspect you have to offer is it has to come out that adam fucked rafe. How is that a coming out story? it also has to come out that he did this to ashley, is that a coming out storyline? Sharons baby daddy has to come out too, is that a coming out story?

It isnt a cming out story because Adam isnt gay. he isnt bi. he is [!@#$%^&*] a guy to make himf all for him so he can use him.

Im sorry, how is that a coming out storyline? And how has that been done on daytime before? I am all for bashing this story, but come on....

Archived