Y&R: Update to Adam and Rafe Rumor

• Members

What about putting Adam with Phillip? I bet Muhney & Bierdz would look nice together. I know Adam is supposed to be straight but the character is such a mess at this point and the show is being retconned and rewritten every other day, they could easily just make Adam really gay. Then he & Phillip could open up a gay bar across the street from Indigo or something. That's the extent of Y&R's story making abilities anyway. Muhney's a bit of an over-actor/mugger and TB's so flat that they're combined styles might even out into something palatable.

I agree that the writing for Rafe has been terrible. It's not like YG has had anything to play. Y&R should have done a much better job of setting up Rafe as someone for us to care about. Too bad Estella wasn't his mother, that might have created more of an urgency.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Adam exploring his sexuality could be interesting if they did not choose to make his relationship into being about shock value and depravity (look how far Adam will go!). Adam has also become such a horrible person. I don't want to write MM off, but the main reason I cared about Adam for as long as I did was Chris Engen. The other reason was I wanted to see him pay Victor back, but since the story has been about torturing Ashley, I have lost interest.

I guess they could always give him a tumor and try to redeem him. Then he could be with Phillip.

They had plenty of time to make viewers care about Rafe and they didn't. So for that reason I assume we aren't supposed to care about him, and we're supposed to see him as what he currently is. That's not the actor's fault.

• Members

Y&R can't write romance. Gay or straight. Look at how terrible the Shick and Phick stories are. At least though we had a history with Sharon and Nick and Phyllis that the writers could milk for emotion. Rafe needed to be integrated into the show well before they put him into a romance -- whether it was with Adam or even a straight one with Colleen.

I am not sure if TPTB intend to keep Adam around. With all the hoopla around the recast, they might feel pressured to keep MM on even though Adam isn't really viable as a romantic interest for anyone. Rafe would be pretty pathetic and unlikable if he still wanted to be with Adam once the truth about Adam's evil deeds came out. I guess a brain tumor is a possibility (it also causes blindness! hee!) and after his miracle surgery then he could be with Rafe. Unfortunately, it looks like Phillip & Rafe are the game plan. Not sure where that leaves Adam except dead or in jail -- unless maybe he pins all his crimes on Mary Jane and she's the one who's killed or sent to jail.

• Webmaster

No kissee today? The pics I posted were actually for today, but I jumped the gun and assumed CBS wasn't going to air Y&R on Tuesday due to Michael Jackson's memorial. If the canadian fans aren't talking about the kiss/closeness by now (they get the show a day ahead), I presume it was cut?

Archived