Y&R: Still waiting for that new opening...

• Members

Could be, that way they can take all of the actors names out of the opening. After all, it was EB who insisted they put the actors names in the opening when CBS started the practice of those nasty "squeezed" credits in 1999.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These producers and writers will say anything to get fans off their backs. 'We're planning on updating the opening, we're going to have a gay character featured', etc, etc. How many years are we supposed to wait for these bozos to act on their word.

• Members

God, I hope not. The opening NEEDS actors' names. Take away the actors' names and what's the point?

I just meant that they're waiting for him to re-sign so they know whether or not to include him.

(Not that I believe for one second that he won't be back.)

• Members

To quote Braeden, "I'm an ornery bastard".

I honestly believe that if they try to cut his salary mid-contract at this point -- for the principle of the thing -- he'll stay away. The man is in his 70s...he neither needs the $$ or the adulation at this point.

And here's what'll happen...it'll be the same as Rowell's Dru.

With every passing month that he's gone, more and more of the audience will realize that something fundamental has been lost.

Archived