Y&R: Still waiting for that new opening...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And they do a shitty job because it's so tacky looking! That's Bloom's ABC influence. They should have left the mid-break bumper's alone. How I wish someone competent filled Lucy Johnson's position. I'll never forget those CBS Daytime promos during her reign.

• Members

Friday Night Lights has a simple, but very effective, opening that fits the show extremely well. The only issue that I've always had with it is that the cast names appear over random clips from the show, so you get the weirdness of having this gorgeous Taylor Kitsch head shot with Aimee Teegarden's name plastered over it. That's a little sloppy, IMO.

• Members

C'mon with Paul Rauch there, you guy's will be lucky to get any opening longer than 15 seconds.

I do kind of fear though, that if anyone else leaves who's in the current Y&R open, the show won't have any other choice than to simply show the logo bc they obviously are hesistant for some reason to add new people into the open.

• Members

I think that if they want to have the cast pictures, they should work with a format that's easier to update. The current opening is very specific, and the clips have to be blended, and have the same brightness/contrast. They don't want their updates to be too noticeable (like OLTLs which was a hackjob when they'd add new people, and very blatantly obvious).

B&B does a fine job of updating their opening regularly and it just involves splicing in a couple of frames.

The actors names is an important trademark of Y&R, and B&B had the right idea however the character's names are a little tacky... and besides the actor/character names scroll by so quickly I doubt many can read it anyway.

But, I think that's the issue of WHY soaps don't update their openings is because it's hard to make updates look like they're part of the opening itself, so they just put it off.

I like how Y&R used to do a decent job of showcasing pretty well who was in the episode in their opening. I thought that was pretty smart on their part.

• 3 months later...

Archived