Y&R: Still waiting for that new opening...

• Members

MAB said last December (I think) that updating the opening was "on their minds" and that they were hoping to get around to it soon. Six months later, it still hasn't happened. Less than 50% of the cast is featured in the current openings, which is ridiculous, and the shots of people like Peter Bergman, Joshua Morrow and Thad Luckinbill are hideously out of date. Why is it that B&B (which presumably has a smaller budget than Y&R) can update their opening every 3 months or so, but Y&R's hasn't been touched since 2006?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know we've seen it a billion times but I just had to post it again.

Jess :wub:

And I like this montage:

Skinny Melody and dark-haired Eric :wub: :wub:

Jeanne Cooper's claw-like, jewel-encrusted fingers raised to her chin. :wub:

And Heather Tom, short-haired Tonya Lee Williams, Scott Reeves, and chesty Shemar Moore :wub: :wub: :wub:

Unnecessary Francesco Quinn <_>

• Members

This is always why I am glad that DAYS has never bothered to put the actors in the opening. For starters, their opening is classical. Second, the way that show can go through cast members it would be pointless.

Those openings are not cheap which is why it takes them forever to update them.

• Members

Yes, Day's opening is practically iconic. It's too bad that Y&R didn't go with that sort of classic opening way back when, especially given Y&R's reputation for tradition. Maybe it's not to late for them to go down that road. It's way better than having out of date openings for years on end. Just look at GH's opening. Half the characters in the closing shot are dead.

• Members

Ugh. Ryan, and awful frosted tips to boot.

I forgot Nina had long hair by then. I thought she'd cut it all off.

I love the old Y&R credits. I think those were Y&R, and the show has never been quite the same without them. Even the poses are utterly true to character. Sharon with the "why I'm just a sweetheart, I really am," hand on chest, and Nick looking like someone hit him on the head with a 2x4. The only thing I don't like in those old credits is Victoria with that awful hairstyle that looks like wet noodles.

Archived