Days: Without A Studio?

• Members

So awhile back it was reported that NBC sold its burbank lot, where they taped AH, Ellen, The Tonight Show, and DAYS...

they moved to Universal Backlot and built sets for Tonight, Ellen, and AH, but not Days.

NBC just had a backlot sale to get rid of stuff as i think they make the full move this fall.

Now question is... what is Days gonna do? Is it moving? Is NBC renting out the studio space now that they no longer own it?

Anyone know?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, you are right i FORGOT all about jey leno keeping his show.

I would be shcoked if they moved to radford seing as the selling of the studio was because of the NBC/universal merger.

Its been simi gone forever, all thats left is the jewlery shop/movie theater/balistix/java cafe exteriror as its what leads you into the nbc studio spaces.

they dont tape anymore out there because of all the construction. no way to block it all out, soun and volume all.

I loved that set.

Part of it was moved inside for a bit.

• Members

The Ellen Show is taping at Warner Bros. Studios.

The Tonight Show will be taping from the new studio facilities in Universal City.

If DAYS doesn't or can't lease their stage from the lot's new owners, The West Coast News Headquarters -- who will be setting up shop in 2011 (kind of the way General Hospital stayed at their homebase even though the lot went from ABC Television Center to the Prospect Studios in 2002), DAYS will probably go to the Universal lot as well, or to another studio facility all together. You have to remember, daytime sets aren't permanent. They are stored in a warehouse and shipped in. So all because the production will move to a new studio, the sets will probably be the same. It's all about where they can get the best lease per square footage.

• Members

when i toured the set last year it was noticed that DAYS has the biggest set storage in all soaps. they take up the majority of Burbank studios so i cant see them moving right away. they were even running out of storage areas and had to sell and demolish sets.

• Members

Awww you're welcome! Believe me, I'm a studio facilities geek. Aside from writing, that's my next craze. I love researching studios. ATWT fans should know that The Cosby Show taped from that same studio in Brooklyn during the first and second seasons before moving to Kaufman Astoria in Queens -- where Sesame Street is, now, also taped. Kelly Ripa's sitcom, Hope and Faith taped at Silver Cup in Long Island City, NY -- which is the same studio lot where Britney and Madonna filmed their music video... and to bring this full circle, Silver Cup Studios in Long Island City is allegedly the same studios where Joey Tribbiani of "Friends" worked at when he was starring on DAYS... which was actually taped at NBC in Burbank... a couple miles away from Warner Bros. Studios in Burbank, where "Friends" was filmed. Trippy, huh?

• Members

the warner brothers lot is just down the street from the burbank studio. did you know that elvis filmed his comeback special on the same stage as Days. days has 2 big sound stages with a picture of alice and tom painted on the doors.

Archived