AMC: Erica & Ryan spoiler pic

• Members

I hate Ryan but I'll tune in for this. With Erica, I might just like him. They should have paired Erica with someone much younger and hotter. They could have hire someone like Justin Hartley for a short stint or something...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This made the inside front page of my local po-dunk newspaper.

The WHOLE AP story made it.

That is AMAZING.

I still stand by the fact that this sounds fun, and it puts together two of AMC's most recognizable faces...which means it might bring in some new viewership.

• Members

I agree with this. I've wanted cougar Erica for awhile and have thought that fling with a young stud is just what she needs. I would have never chose Ryan, though. I do think it's going to all end up just fine, with La Kane making mince meat of Lavery. LOL

But hey, at least she's getting some, right? It's been awhile.

• Members

:o:o:o

No. No. No.

Words cannot express how much I hate this. My fears were confirmed when I opened this thread, I have been afraid that they'd go there for a few years now... ever since AMC started selling CM as the other face of the show. Erica is my favorite character, Ryan is my least favorite. Admittedly, I have issues with CM too, so this just rubs me all kinds of wrong ways. And I found Charlie infinitely more likeable than Ryan. But apparently, SL and Charles Van Eman didn't get along. Then Chris Lawford came along and he looked so much older to me. At any rate, I'd rather see Erica cougar out with an Enchantment intern or something.

• Members

I hate this show, and Pratt, but doing Ryan/Erica and Adam/Annie is flat-out ballsy on ABC Daytime. I'm sure it is part of a secret scheme to make Adam deep-fry babies or for Zach to [!@#$%^&*] a SORASed Emma and "Zemma" to be born as the hot new pairing, and I'm sure Pratt will do this horribly, but the basic one-word concept is very daring and admirable.

• Members

I know that I am not Supposed to Bash Posters, but This is THE Stupidest Thing I have ever Read. Stupidest is not the Correct Word, but It is what is Needed. Adam Is NOT Going to Deep Fry Babies. Adam may Kidnap Babies or Sell them on the Black Market, But Adam would Not Deep Fry the Babies. Adam wouldn't even Deep Fry Any Women like Krystal or Dixie when she Used to be on There or maybe even Liza. They're Not Going to SORAS Emma and have Emma and Zach be A Couple. Zach would be Too Old even if Emma was around 16. I don't think that Anybody would Think This is Admirable. Jody

• Members

See, I didn't really have a problem with them knocking boots a few times, realizing how ridiculous and disgusting the whole thing is...but a love story? Really? Who in their right mind is going to believe that Erica Kane would fall in love with Ryan Lavery?

ETA: As disgusting as it is, it's kinda...HAWT! Ah! :wub: Susan looked hotter then hell in that clip. I haven't seen Erica live in awhile, when did Susan get those boobs? OMG. And Cam looked great. They have chemistry and it's strangely...hot chemistry.

• Members

After watching the View interview, I am beginning to think that this Erica/Ryan hook up is more a PR stunt than a story. For a while it looked like they were pushing Erica into supporting status. She was running around after Kendall. All of the sudden Erica has her own story on a network that does not feature women in their 40s. Everyone knows who Susan Lucci is and Cameron Mathison got some buzz from DTWS. It feels like out of desperation they threw together the most well known actors outside of the soap world to get the publicity. It is working so far. Looks like the AP piece on Erica's romance with Ryan made it into most of the mainstream newspapers.

• Members

Certainly.

But I must say, I'm glad I saw that clip for a few reasons, it made me feel a little more positve about this upcoming story. I have a distaste for any sort of "born in the boardroom"/stunt storyline, so that coupled with the fact that I'm a big Susan/Erica fan and not such a fan of her acting partner has made the prospect of this story tough for me. Susan and Cameron are friendly IRL, they like working together, so that's great for them (though I don't know how comfortable they felt about "going there" in character). But unlike previous appearances on The View, I didn't get the impression from either of them that they were being good little Indians trying WAY too hard to sell us this new story. They weren't being sensational at all, very, "We'll see how it goes", and I'm glad Susan said that thing about labels and resisting that predatory connotation. Erica is not a Real Housewives of New Jersey type, and Susan wouldn't cheapen the character like that whatever the writers gave her.

Is it just me, or was Cameron's entrance a little awkward/weird? I've always got the impression that he's a bit of an attention whore, and his entrance was almost self-deprecating, like he had diarrhea or something and wanted to be somewhere else (those half-hearted handshakes). Maybe it's because he sensed they were all going nuts for Susan. Or maybe he's just nervous about steps since that time he tripped on DWTS. Who knows, but he wasn't his usual cheerleader "lookatmelookatme" self, and that was good for me to see.

• Members

I do not pay much attention to Cameron Mathison so I cannot comment on his demeanor during that interview. I did chuckle when Susan Lucci mentioned that she feels that labels limit people. This explains why she never uses the word, "grandmother." LOL!

Archived