AMC: Thursday, June 4, 2009

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a hard time understanding why the writer killed of Babe, especially when he brought Marissa to virtually take her place? The drama would be a lot more impactful if Babe was in the middle of JR and Scott which is ultimately what they are going to do with JR/Marissa/Scott. Krystal makes no sense now. Especially since we are made to believe Krystal would do anything for her children--well she sold one away which severly weakens her character. David now has a daughter with no history or interaction with. JR is islanded with little story... Seriously what was the purpose of the death? The only thing it caused was Tad/Krystal break-up which was for nothing anyway.

• Members

Well, Babe is a completely different character who served her purpose. Honestly, she had to be killed with Amanda playing her. She just wasn't really working. And unfortunately, in today's episode, BA blew AB out of the water in terms of acting. And the death brought the whole show to an emotional stop and created a horrific event that can be mentioned at the drop of a hat by almost everyone in town and creates a sad life circumstance for JR and Little A. I see Marissa as a completely different character, and I personally am grateful. I wasn't a huge Babe fan, though she was better toward the end. I hope Marissa ends up with Scott and JR stays far away.

• Members

Don't get me wrong. Amanda Baker is awful and I don't see anyone playing Babe properly aside from Havins but I just ask what was the purpose of bringing Marissa on and not just keeping Babe? Between Babe's death and Marissa's arrival everything is jacked up, they further ruined Krystal by adding Marissa to the mix and Babe's death has served little purpose other to bring David to the edge (which isn't particuallry a hard thing to do) and to break-up Tad and Krystal (which again is now for not since they will be reconciling soon). What exactly did Babe's death really do? And what does Marissa really bring on that wouldn't have been done with keeping Babe on? Marissa is basically the same doting heroine just without much intrigue or drive.

As to Brittany's acting I have yet to be disappointed or impressed by her scenes. She just exists.

I can totally see them doing a JR/Marissa/Scott triangle which would doesn't really do much sure there is the rivalry thing but there really isn't much drama there outside of that.

• Members

It's been consistently good but some episodes, like this one, have no really outstanding moments. Also, there was too much Zzzzendull and Zzzzendull pimping (shut up Erica and Angie!) for my taste.

The main difference between Babe and Marisa is that Marisa is a classic-type heroine rather than a lying, smug babystealing tramp. It was impossible to root for Babe due to her attitude.

The drama that resulted from Babe's death, especially with Krystal's meltdown, which led to her relationship with David, and the custody battle for Little A was terrifically compelling.

Archived