DAYS Casts Two Young Hunks

• Members

This comes from www.welovesoaps.net.

DAYS OF OUR LIVES has cast two new young hunks for summer storylines. We love Soaps can confirm that Mark Hapka will be playing Nathan Horton, son of 80s super couple Pete and Melissa. He will first air on Wednesday, June 17th. It's not known at this time if Pete and Melissa are together off screen, but it is certainly nice to have another Horton on the show. Casey Jon Deidrick has been cast as Chad, Mia's ex. Chad will certainly cause problems for the burgeoning relationship of Will and Mia.

Who is Nathan Horton? I am prety sure Pete and Melissa didn't have any kids. It's a good thing we are getting a new Horton boy though, with connections to Maggie. I wish they had brought back Jeremy, I was willing that the Trevor Donovan/Touch The Sky fiasco never happened.

I couldn't care less about Chad.

PS: Isn't Pete dead?

PS2: Please bring Sarah Horton back.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Will is related to Nathan. They are cousins. If they get involved the actors or their parents might hate the story and be forced to leave the show. This is a horrible time to recast. However Will and Chad can raise Grace together. Chad can kiss Roman Brady in order to make him help them get Grace, while Will runs after him with a bottox needle.

• Members

I can't wait to see how they explain this child since Melissa was never pregnant that I remember. And from the sounds of the age it has to be after they left town. Of course Pete left town long before Melissa did as she had several romances after Pete.

Plus why in the world is he using Horton instead of Jennings (pete's last name)

And as far as I know Pete is not dead. If he is he died after he left Salem.

• Members

Melissa returned for one of Bo and Hope's weddings in the 95 96 and she was wearing a blue dress i can remember she had a large bump and was pregos and then she left and nobody ever mentioned what she had. especially maggie her mother lol but i wish they would bring Melissa back instead of her children. we need Hortons Melissa would be great to move into Alice's house. Melissa, Mike, Jeremy, Jennifer and Jack and Abby should come to the show.

• Members

Not biologically. I think making Mickey sterile was mistake in the long run, but that's another story.

Purely speculation, but I wonder if Nathan was originally suppose to be Sarah's son. This way he would have been biologically connected to Maggie, which would have strengthened the connection between the two. Plus, Sarah's paternal grandfather's name is Nathan and her father Neil was a doctor as well. I think having Nathan be Melissa and Pete's child is out of the blue, but I think it is an attempt to satsify some people by tying the child to a couple that the audience cared about at one point. It would be harder to do that with Sarah or Melissa and a new unnamed husband.

Archived