AMC: Friday, May 22, 2009

• Members

I loved the Marian/Scott scenes. I felt sorry for both of them.

I totally agree that Colby needs to be recast with good actress.

As I've said several times before, I like the actor playing Scott, too. I think his acting keeps improving every day.

As far as Jesse/Liza/Angie's ages, they graduated high school in 1983, two years before I did so they're supposed to be 44. Tad was slightly older since Jenny was their age and he was her older brother. The actors ages don't matter if they can play younger or older and in this case, Luner seems in the right age group to me.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because Chandler Enterprises was financially backing the new heart valve that was supposed to save Ian's life --- but Adam knew the heat valve might be faulty and might end up killing Ian, but he gambled and didn't say anything --- he knew if the heart valve was a failure, then Chandler Enterprises might go down for good (after the Bella mess and the down economy).

• Members

I love Jamie Luner, even if she has nothing to do with the 1983 Liza I remember. I didn't care for the 90's version of Liza at all.

As for the age thing, Erica could pass as Jesse, Angie and Tad's friend from school, but we all know that is not the case.

Women in Pine Valley follow DaytimeFan's advice and that's why they look more stunning as years go by. Erica, Angie and now.. Liza :)

• Members

Sorry... but no she doesn't. David warned the Slaters against using the untested valve and the risk involved. Zach didn't want to use it. Kendall Shrewter shrieked and gulped until Zach got on board.

Who would she want to kill if they used an alternative valve?

That's why I'm so over Zendall. They make hasty, rash decisions and then blame other people and want to make them disappear if the results don't turn out the way they'd hoped.

If there's any person who should be dead over this whole valve situation, he's already dead. The doctor who came up with the concept. I love the fact that he and Scott were so against letting David (who discovered the defect in surgery) "get his hands" on the valve that they just rushed into a second best option. A corporation. Hmmm... when dealing with a cardiovascular instrument, who do you turn to for financial backing? A world renowned cardiosurgeon -- or a greedy corporate conglomerate that's sole concern is money?

Plus, Scott getting all sanctimonious is really irritating to me as well. My heart goes out to him over the loss of his amazing father, but he has every reason to be kicking himself. He's the one who brought this nonsense into the fold in the first place.

ETA: By the way, Skin... is that Alexa in your avatar with the dark hair? If so, it only goes to bolster my POV that the girl looks like Mandy Moore.

• Members

I haven't really been watching. But I have seen a couple episodes over the past two weeks and for the first time in nearly four years I actually felt that AMC had a sense of professionalism in terms of storylines, dialogue and direction. I am actually finding myself starting to like Kendell again after hating her for the past five years and I have started to like Ryan again too. This show isn't a massive mess like it has been in awhile but it still doesn't feel like AMC. Part of that problem is due to the fact that there are all these new cast members. It kind of feels like an entirely different show.

Yes. That is Alexa in my avatar. The Mandy Moore comment is funny because it seems like Alexa gets comparison to all of the late 90's teen it girls. Some have said she looks like Britney, Jessica and now Mandy.

• Members

I've always thought Alexa and Mandy could be sisters. When I first saw Alexa Havins' picture when it was announced she'd be playing the Babe character, I was like: "This chick looks like Mandy Moore." I never sawBritney in Havins, but I've always seen Moore. That avatar with the darker hair makes me say "I KNEW IT!" since Mandy Moore went dark as well.

Archived