Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I see your points Mark. I don't think your theory is that "out there". On top of all the pressure from Nina and his family Phillip would have had to deal with tabloids, since his family is famous. In the soap world I don't think it's that much of a stretch that he would just choose to start a new life.

• Members

Did I really say that about Mary Jane? Oh well...it is true. Both the fact that I'd tolerate her as Patty, and the fact that I'm a fanboi. That is not true about almost any other thing in my life (I'm not obsessive)...but Y&R...it is true.

I agree. I'm wondering if the "casual recurring" story we are hearing is a cover story. They couldn't say 'Nina is back and heavy in story', because they didn't want to tip their hands?

That this fixes LML's mistakes is one thing. But it also monkeys will a major Bill Bell plot point. That makes this one more interesting. Riskier, but possibly more rewarding. I never liked that P3 died, even though it produced great drama.

It is funny, with Olivia. I can't say I was ever a fan. I HATED her when she slept with Brad. But I have been happy to have her back, and would like to see her heavier in story.

I guess, when GL leaves CBS, Y&R can just expand to two hours :).

I agree. I honestly thought that call was a LML dropped plot...and I could live with it as 'forgotten' (much as TLW says they have 'forgotten' Olivia's sleeping with Brad while Ashley was dying of cancer). So, it is clever and innovative that they will pursue this. And it is bonafide shocking -- in a good way -- that they'll tie it to P3.

It's the P3-back-from-the-dead angle that has me very interested, and a little worried.

I wish I could remember! My MEMORY is that he died in that car crash and we didn't see the body. But several people have said we saw him died bedside.

Does ANYONE remember? Did ANYONE see it? Any Youtube links?

• Members

The Witch here: it has already begun... Another emanation of the Y&R syndrome. :lol: A “controversial” story that hasn’t even began properly, people are already trying to make it work, to rationalise, to devise a way this story to work for them...

It should be fun.

AMELIA.jpg

• Members

I think if any soap is going to explain this wonderfully, it's Y&R. Plus the show is so good right now that I don't think I'll even care if the explanation sucks, as long as the actual story is good.

• Members

Agreed. I think MAB and Co. have excelled in their execution far above any other soap we've seen in the last several years. true, that there have been some missteps, but every show, primetime or daytime, has had those at some point. On the whole, it really has been very nicely laid out. Even stories that on paper has ended up being rather enjoyable. The only exception to that is the Winters storyline, but considering the story is surrounding that cold fish Neil, I can almost see how there could be problems.

Sylph, I love ya, but what is wrong with seeing a story play out before outright condemning it? We fans, on some level, share some responsibility for daytime's dire predicament simply because we never see a story through without becoming enraged. I've done that too. I think MAB and Co.'s tenure has so far exceeded my expectations and, therefore, has earned at least some leeway with me. Sure that is contingent on the quality of the storyline, but we will cross that bring if/when we get to it. Otherwise, why not speculate. Isn't that what we are here for?

Archived