Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks, Carl, for posting this interview!

I wish Denise Alexander had stayed longer on ANOTHER WORLD. Under better circumstances, she might have been another tent-pole character. She certainly had the charm and personality to be that sort of character. However, Mary's backstory just seems so convoluted and ridiculous.

• Members

The idea of the story (minus all that mess with Reginald...which is minus a lot!) was interesting, but Kathleen leaving so soon after it started was a huge blow. Not to mention the Vince recast issues.

I kind of wish they'd done an Ada/Vince/Mary triangle.

• Members

Such a terrific actress and presence, and such a squandered opportunity for AW. Her stories just never worked, on any level. I wonder what other role she was considering at the time, replacing another actress as a "rotten person" on a non-NBC, California-based show? Something on Y&R, I assume?

• Members

Probably Capitol. She says the show was doing a little better than AW in the ratings. Y&R was #2 at that point while Capitol was just a little higher than AW. The only rotten characters at that time, I believe, were Myrna Clegg and Paula Denning (to some extent).

• Members

I didn't even know Denise Alexander was on Another World! BEAUtiful! I loved her on GH. She's been on and off with GH for so long! I hope they realized how lucky they were to have her!

Philece Sampler was as annoying on AW as she was as that succubus Renee on DAYS. And maybe even more miscast and ill suited. She's so unlikable onscreen that the things I've heard about her offscreen don't surprise me at all.

Josie was such a doe eyed ingénue. I loved Alexandra Wilson in the role and it's too bad she didn't too much after AW. I saw her in a couple tv movies but that's it. She and Matt Crane had good chemistry. I thought Josie and Matthew had potential. As soon as Alex left the role, I lost all interest in Josie. Amy Carlson was too wooden and stern. The last actress who played her was the absolute worst. I don't remember her name but she was a hot mess!

Matt Crane was gorgeous! AW had some good looking men!

It's weird seeing Lindsay Lohan so apparently innocent! I find her grating but some of that is down to her being a not so great person for at least the last 10 years. Still, she was so painfully earnest back then.

I remember when my mom and I watched AW when I was little! My mom really grew up with this soap. My dad and I once got her the anniversary book as a Mother's Day gift!

Edited by Mathewson