Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

"Did ANYONE like Rachel and Mitch together? I haven't heard from one person who did. Not when her true love, Mac Cory, was still there."

I loved the beginning of their story, when Rachel seduced Mitch in St. Croix. But I never for a single moment believed that Rachel loved Mitch (aka the block of wood that walked like a man). They must have had fans because the story lasted much longer than it should have. I saw no chemistry between them at all – VW's Rachel was so vibrant and alive in scenes with Doug Watson and so dull and limp with Mitch. I always wondered if Wyndham deliberately "sabotaged" scenes with Mitch so she could get back to her favorite acting partner.

Edited by teplin

• Members

I don't recall where I read it, but I think I did read somewhere how ANOTHER WORLD extended the Mac/Rachel/Mitch/Janice quadrangle in general, and Mitch/Rachel in particular, either b/c of some BTS turmoil, or b/c the fans' response was so overwhelming.

• Members

Thanks, everyone. It was before my time and so little of it is on YT, so it's nice to hear your feedback. I DID see the scene where Rachel admits on the stand that Mac did not father baby Matt, and Mac is totally devastated. I heard it also won Doug Watson the Emmy that year, and rightfully so.

• Members

Anne seems a very grounded and sweet person.

I think she was miscast as Nicole. I know recasts often mean a change in character but I didn't feel any connection to the previous Nicoles.

Philece Sampler would have made a better Nicole rather than Donna.

Nicole should have returned a few years down the track. She was part of a core family and would have provided instant story for Cass, Donna, Felicia etc

It would have been interesting seeing her trying to fit in to Bay City.Would she try and rekindle a romance with Cass? How would family and friends react?

Instead AW kept bringing on new characters.

• Members

Anne was miscast as both AW's Nicole and DAYS' Kim ... but she has always seemed like a sweetheart in interviews.

Philece Sampler, an utter disaster as Donna, would have been much better as Nicole. Her acting persona is certainly much closer to that of Kim Morgan Greene (Nicole #1).