Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Awe good! Happy 50th to AW! 50 years!! I called my mom this morning and told her! Would have been even better if it was a week later for Mother's Day. It would have been great to call her about it on Mother's Day. I remember a long time ago my dad and I got the anniversary book for her as a gift! She grew up with Another World, and because of that, so did I for awhile.

And happy 47th to Matt Crane! He had good chemistry with Alexandra Wilson, who was the only actress that I liked as Josie. Never liked Josie as a character, but Wilson always got a bad rap, in my opinion. The early story with Josie/Matthew was one of my favorites on AW.

Edited by Mathewson

• Members

Happy 50th to my favorite soap. It never again came close to matching its mid- to late-70s brilliance, but the characters kept me tuning in year after year.

I wonder what Matt Crane (and Vicky Wyndham and Charles Keating and Linda Dano and Anna Stuart and Anna Holbrook and so many others) are doing today?

• Members

I think Matt Crane is a sculptor.

Anna Stuart married James Cromwell last year (in Charles Keating's home).

AW had the most complex characters of any soap, and the truest friendships. Neither of those are allowed on daytime today, sadly.

• Members

Yes. Some of my favorite friendships that I loved being a late watcher (I started watching as a child in mid/late 94-early 95) were:

Ryan/Frankie

Felicia/Cass

Jake/Chris

Toni/Josie

Rachel/Felicia

Gary/Felicia

Vicky/Jake (before they paired these two together wacko.png )

Paulina/Vicky (in later years)

Cindy/Paulina (before Paulina learned how shady Cindy was)

I could go on and on. I just loved how the entire cast of characters were tied to one another in some form of fashion, and when one character screwed up, it could mess up the entire dynamic of Bay City. Not just a select few. Examples: Ryan & Frankie's deaths. Everyone felt loss over their deaths. Regardless if I despised the choice of the characters being killed off, their deaths/memorial scenes were handled extremely well.

When AW was on point, no other soap could touch them IMO.

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

I know that not long ago, Matt Crane also worked on Martha Byrne's web soap, Gotham. Last I heard, Matt, Robin and their kids are living in PA. I wonder if his TV mom inspired him to go into sculpture.

Other than her guest spot on SVU a few years back, I think Vicky Wyndham is basically done with acting. Haven't seen or heard of her being in anything else since.

For those wanting to know what Linda Dano is up to these days, here is her official website: http://www.lindadano.com/index.php.

Nadine Stenovitch and John Littlefield, the final Josie and Gary Sinclair, met on AW and eventually fell in love. They are married and living in CA. He worked on Extreme Makeover.

That's about all I know.

• Members

Word of AW's cancellation came around April 12 from what I saw online. So they were likely getting ready to film the episodes that would be airing about the 35th anniversary. If I remember correctly, Goutman was quoted around that time saying that they didn't have plans to celebrate the anniversary on air.

I know they were wrapping things up after the cancellation was announced, but it never made sense to me that they introduced Toni's sister KC and Jake's nephew Sean in those final weeks. What was the point?

• Members

Did ANYONE like Rachel and Mitch together? I haven't heard from one person who did. Not when her true love, Mac Cory, was still there.

For DAYS, Lanna Saunders (Marie) and Jean Bruce Scott (Jessica)? I never understood why they never brought the latter back to play opposite her on-screen son, Nick (or at least recast her).

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

I assume they must have had some fans. Chris Schemering said he was the only man who ever worked as an obstacle to the Rachel/Mac behemoth.

I think their initial story was popular. Everything after the amnesia and the baby, I don't know.