John Driscoll Joining The Cast Of Y&R

• Members

He may have just flatlined in Peapack, but former Guiding Light star John Driscoll (Ex-Coop) is set to prove just how alive and well he is in Genoa City, Wisconsin. Driscoll has landed the plum role of Phillip Chancellor IV, son of the soon-to-be returning Nina Webster (Tricia Cast) and the late Phillip Chancellor III (Thom Bierdz) on The Young and the Restless.

John was so good during his audition the casting director actually cried!, says a source.

According to Daytime Confidential Guiding Light blogger Melodie Aikels' source, the actor will be working heavily with Christel Khalil (Lily) and Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe), as well as Adrienne Frantz (Amber).

Look for Driscoll to make his way to Genoa City on May 24.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First, I'm so excited. He's good, and Y&R will elevate his game. So, it seems this is a case where his dismissal from Y&R was a good thing.

Second, yes, all the females he is being paired with seem to put the lie to the idea that he is gay. They wouldn't do these chemistry tests with females if he was playing gay. That's actually a shame, because Driscoll did very well as a gay character in The Book of Daniel.

More and more, by proxy, it supports the idea that Rafe's partner is gonna be ... Adam. (or maybe JT). I'm down with either of those.

• Members

This is very strong casting. I would hope they don't pair Phillip with Chloe only because she already had Billy and Cane. Now is he for Rafe or could they switch it up and put Daniel with Rafe? Anything could happen really. I'm just happy Nina is back and I hope this marks a full time return for her. Maybe thats who Neil will move on with since he'll be working at CI and mixing it up with those characters (hopefully).

• Members

Anyone but Colleen and Lily but that's probably where this will be going especially since we don't want them too.

Rafe and JT.... while I really don't see them splitting up JT/Victoria but just from Thad's stint on Nip Tuck that sounds delish! Thanks for the visual!! :wub:

Archived