John Driscoll Joining The Cast Of Y&R

• Members

Daniel G. is 37 and Tricia Cast is only 43. So really, there is only a 5 year diff between them.

Cane, is prob 35ish, and John Driscoll very much looks 18-22, IMHO.

Its just.... too much. IMHO.

Has anyone ever commented on the age gap between Cane and Lily? Because it would be need to be like 15 years to make this work. Because JD would be playing the child of someone born the same day as Cane, and if they are playing that character in Lily's age range then there would logically HAVE to be a 15 year diff between Lily & Cane, at the least, even taking SORASing into play.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, you've gotten lots of kudos for that one. Good line!

Sigh. Not gonna happen.

I really would be interested in seeing a "don't ask - don't tell" soldier in town -- bi or gay (dramatically, bi offers the most potential, but will be hard to do without making the character seem like a whore).

That said, I'm intuiting that P4 will be a hunk for the young ladies (let's be frank...either a spoiler for Chloe or a man for Colleen)...and Rafe is going to be Adam's boy on the side.

But, really, they can't go wrong here with any of it, can they? Driscoll is a terrific find.

• Members

IF they were to make Philip gay or bi or have a same sex fling this is all i require they play - some ebat about dont ask dont tell. they dont need to get preachy they dont need to tell a PSA, but to just skip over it as if its nothing would be awful, IMHO.

Bi would be the best option, and i dont see it being hard not to make him look like a whore - really, we have Nick. Biggest manwhore ever. And he doesnt do boys. (that we know of)

Perhaps If Adam hooks up with Rafe he will like it and end up hooking up with Philip, who is keeping his same sex love on the down low? lol.

• Members

I assume Camille didn't cast Eva.

I had forgotten about the gay military aspect. That's another reason Phillip will probably be straight, that's too hot a topic even for a soap with a progressive record like Y&R.

• Members

I agree with you as well. He does look like he's in that age range. I know someone mentioned in another thread that Driscoll would make a good Phillip Chancellor IV before this was even announced. I hope they keep PC IV at his real age which would be 21, I believe.

After reading who they have him doing his screen tests with, that doesn't mean he isn't going to be gay. You never know.

• Members

I just realized, though, what a culture shock this will be for Driscoll. I actually can't wait to hear his interviews on it.

What is it like going from the LEAQST lavish soap to the MOST lavish soap? What is it like going from the show that is ranked lowest to the show that is ranked highest? What is it like going from the oldest soap to the second-youngest soap? What is it like going from a vet-lite soap to a vet-heavy soap?

We need FrenchFan to send him a Facebook interview :)

Archived