John Driscoll Joining The Cast Of Y&R

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think so. Nina will be there for his introduction, probably, until we're fully acquainted with him. Then, she'll leave town again, while P4 elects to stay behind (and, Lord willing, make sweet, sweet love to J.T.).

• Members

Well, look what he had to work with (as everyone always reminds me whenever the subject turns to B&B, lol)? On GL, JD allegedly portrayed someone (Coop) whose own father essentially left him behind in England while he was still a toddler, but you'd never know it! None of the anger or resentment Coop should've felt toward his dad for not being there during his formative years ever came into context in any of his stories with him. For that matter, GL never bothered developing Coop into a well-rounded character; certainly not during his romances with Lizzie or with Ashlee; or during his dalliances with Blake or with Beth.

Say what you will about MAB (Lord knows, I can, lol!), but at least her team will bring more subtext to P4 than GL's writers did to Coop.

• Members

Granted. I think TIIC had such a hard on for anything Jon/Pelphrey/Jammy there for years that Coop was little more than an afterthought in the writing. He drew some bad co-stars. (UGH...*rollseyes*....the "sensitive" romance with Ashlee made me want to vomit)

But other than his last dying scenes with Buzz, the kid left me bored to tears. I'd be a little afraid he'd melt into the woodwork on Y&R.

• Members

Honestly, I have a hunch that they are using this partly to entice Tricia Cast to return, at the very least, more regularly. At the most, it could be they want to convince her to sign on the dotted line. Or somewhere in between.

• Members

I guess everything depends on the material. The sleazy Richie role on AMC was a showcase for Billy Miller, but Billy Abbott has gone in so many directions and is so shallow I lost interest in the character months ago. Daniel Goddard showed some potential when he was the early rogue Cain, but not since he became a goody-goody.

There's an opening in the show for a young male character who is earnest and kind, albeit with the edge a child of Nina and a Chancellor would have. Y&R seems to struggle now with writing for young men who aren't tormented or sleazy antihero types, so Phillip will be a test for them.

• Members

:P

:lol: :lol: :lol: You always crack me up!!

Why do they think every younger man on this show has to be put with her. damnit? I was just thinking when I was on here last they should have a bisexual but you just know that once he "gets his taste of Saint Lily, he won't go back". :rolleyes:

True, sad that's 2009 and people still have their sh!t fits about these "touchy" subjects.

• Members

so PCIII and Cane are the same age and now they bring in PCIV and are putting him in scenes with "young" crowd females, doesn't that sorta kinda make Cane (PCIII) look really, really, really, really OLD?!!?!?!?!?!? I mean he "could" have a sone PCIV's age!?!?!?!?!

Archived