B&B: Week of April 20, 2009

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

High-school-play grade line readings, nothing more.

My goodness, her world should have been SHATTERED. Such betrayal from the man she loves!

Instead, she spouts trite dialogue with a sense of mild irritation. I'll even give her credit for playing some of the "p!ssed off" note...but none of the "pain" note. (Which, I guess is good, because I'm still having PTSD from her morgue/balcony scenes after Phoebe died).

Worst actress EVER on B&B. Worse than Phoebe. Worse than Caitlin. Worse than Jessica. Worst. Bar none.

• Members

I was just saying -- and I'm not kidding -- "jump, jump, jump". I thought Ridge losing both daughters might have been interesting.

Scratch that. He would have tried to sob more, and I could not have taken that.

• Members

Initially, before we "got 'Sick'," my mother had posited an interesting idea: that Steffy, devastated by her twin sister's death, would assume Phoebe's identity as a way of keeping her alive, if only in her mind. It would've even explained her initial attraction to Rick, at the expense of her budding romance w/ Marcus. Sort of a twist on GL's Sonni/Solita saga, but without the WGA strike to make the story ridiculously convoluted.

Damn. I wish my mother were writing for B&B.

• Members

Re: Jacqueline MacInnes Wood

I really don't know - and admittedly haven't been watching in recent days but still had seen her TITANIC-protrayal at the Forrester mansion balcony - how to rate her.

First she struck me as gold: strong and believable with the biggest plus her shocking resemblance to the pre-surgery Hunter Tylo. Then, she kind of let me down during Phoebe's death. But I couldn't put all the blame on her. IMO, she's the woman receiving the sh*ttiest writing ever on B&B. Next to Lesli Kay of course, who receives absolutely no material but makes it work. Steffy is written extremely poorly and this young actress has to make such ludicrous scenes - which cannot be desrcibed as campy anymore - somehow work. Working opposite Kyle Lowder is also far from graduating Lee Strasberg studio... In this case I'd probably side with Y&R-fan and be one of the few supporters because I think this woman has the acting chops to become really good. Kinda like Y&R's Emily O'Brien.

Caught the Ridge vs. plane vs. gravity scenes and LOVED it. Unbelievable how this show can invest production costs, some clever camera-work and editing to make such a ludicracy a fun experience. Would they now use some better writing and consticency B&B might be fantastic.

• Members

I agree on all counts. She's good, and when given something she rocks it. She's also had months and months of crap for a storyline, and still manages to make it fun.

I SOO agree on the plane watching last night was a freaking blast. It was insane, but damn if it wasn't just fun to watch. And it seems as if for a moment Steffy got her brains back!

• Members

I honestly wish I saw what others see in B&B, because all I see is a show filled with ridiculous storylines and even worse acting (save for Susan Flannery and Alley Mills, of course). To think, I actually miss when Papa Bell was HW'ing the show.

Archived