AMC: Possible casting news

• Members

ITA.

Honestly, I believe if they killed Erica Kane, I can see ABCD fans showing up to the ABC headquarters, Disney World and every other entity connected with ABC carrying torches out to attack those responsible. I just pictured the French Revolution in my head. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't be so sure. It was just a few years ago that someone (I'm thinking Mitch Laurence, mistaking her for someone else) nearly killed Addie Cramer when her mind was still child-like at St. Ann's. While not a core character, she is beloved by OLTL fans. Luckily the character was saved by co-stars Robin Strasser and Kassie DePaiva.

I'm sure AMC fans feel the same about Stuart.

But ABC make stupid decisons all the time. So why should this be any different?

• Members

See, I get that she's Erica Kane, and while I LOVE who Pratt is writing her these days...his track record shows that it won't stay that way. He's going to do something to screw her over, and probably worse then Megan or B&E ever did. Personally, I kinda think it would be better to let die and go out with a big and what's left of her dignity, then make her stay and let Pratt kill her slowly.

• Members

The thing is, is that Pratt wouldn't let her go out with a big sendoff if he decided to get rid of the character. She would be destroyed at the hands of some skank like Zack. AMC began with Erica Kane and it will end with Erica Kane, mark my words. I think that when the line has been crossed with Lucci, the fans will go nuts, and I mean those base fans who make up the 2.0 HH AMC gets, and ABCD will seriously feel their wrath. I don't care for Erica, never have. I don't care for Lucci either. The bottom line is, Erica Kane and Susan Lucci are a household name. She is the face of AMC. Nothing will ever change that. A person could sleep for 100 years and when they wake up and if they are asked who is on AMC, the first response would be "Susan Lucci as Erica Kane." It's that easy.

If ABCD is stupid enough (and I know they're pretty stupid) to kill off LaKane, those fans who have written her cards, and baked her cakes, and sent her flowers and teddy bears throughout her 39.5 year run, they will attack all of ABC with a vengeance. The way people did the same to P&G through their boycotts, only worse. Not sure if anyone in this thread watched GL, but does anyone remember how crazy the Manny Fans got? They even resorted to sending Laura Wright death threats when they wanted to pair up Danny and Cassie. And those weren't young fans, those were older, longtime fans of the show. And Danny and Michelle and even Cassie SUCKED!

• Members

OMG It was nuts. I think it was in late 2002, early 2003. Once all that started going, the writer's quickly put an end to Danny/Cassie. I totally forgot about the voodoo doll. But I definitely remember women in their 60's lashing out about the end of Danny and Michelle. Like GMAMFB!

• Members

Nelson has now referred, several times, to memory issues with lines. So I guess he is implying Mild Cognitive Impairment or early dementia. But this is just my inference...since he has never been explicit.

• Members

Which probably means Nelson knows next to nothing on the issue and really should not be speculating.... whatever the problem is, I wish David Canary a speedy recovery (if there is anything to recover from)

Archived