AMC: New audition script

• Members

This was posted by Raven at Soapcentral:

A new script has just been released by ABC this morning for the role of Frank North. This is interesting because they had originally issued an audition script that included a scene that had already aired with Babe (we now have a first name as he is no longer just known as North). They have issued a new script that gives us more details on Frank North. This is a very long script with lots of details. Trying to get out to you as much as I can (meat and potato's of the script).

The script notes indicate that North is ruthless and ambitious. That he sees this case as an opportunity to get re-elected and advance his career. The scene opens with North approaching Zach and introducing himself as the district attorney. Zach says that he wants to be arraigned and wants it to happen now. North says that it's all part of the process that everyone has to go through. Scene cuts to Zach saying that he thought his boy was dead. He goes on to say that he blamed John Carter. He waited on the terrace and fired through the window. He says that he had no idea he was shooting Matthew Carter instead of John Carter. North interjects and says that the murder was obviously premeditated. Zach says that he told John that if anything happened to his son, that he would kill him.

District Attorney North also points out that Zach fired at some of his officers when they tried to put Zach under arrest. Zach seems unaffected by that statement and once again asks when he can be arraigned,. That it's obvious what he did. It's an open and shut case and he wants his arraignment. He's made a full confession and wants this done. North studies Zach's face and realizes that he has never had a murderer like this before in front of him. That something is different...something is off.

Scene cuts to the court room where North asks the judge for some leniency towards Mr. Slater as he was very cooperative and fully confessed. The judge says that he will take all of that into consideration. That Zach will be transferred to prison to await sentencing. There is a cut to section that has Kendall in tears with Ryan squeezing her hand. Kendall is saying that she just can't believe this is happening. The judge brings down the gavel and announces that court is adjourned. Kendall shouts out that it's not right. That Zach didn't do it.

Script cuts to Zach leaving the courtroom while Ryan is ushered in with handcuffs on. Their eyes meet (script indicates this is a powerful moment). Zach now wonders what the hell is going on. The script cuts to a scene in the prison visiting room with Zach, North and Jesse. North says "so you want to recant your confession Mr. Slater?" Jesse interjects that Zach only confessed to protect his wife. Zach admits he saw Kendall on the terrace with a gun, but that she does not have it in her to kill. That it was someone else that killed Matthew Carter. North looks aggravated and says "well so now we have two people already arrested for this murder and all to protect Kendall Slater, but now it wasn't even her that did it. Do I have all this right Mr. Slater?"

The script has a small moment that is meant to air that day with Pete and Colby that was crossed out, however I will relay this for you (they cross it out if it does not pertain the audition part of the script). Colby is visibly shaken by Matthew's death and Pete puts his hands in hers as she tries to reason it all out. Moment ends.

Script returns to the visiting room in prison. Zach says that he honestly has no idea who killed Matthew Carter. He says that he only knows that it was not Kendall. North has trouble with this because if two men would confess to protect her, there must be a reason for that. They must think that she could have done it. Scene ends.

That's what I have for now. I can't translate any further. I don't write the scripts, just relay them for you as best I can. This is exactly as the script is written. Real scripts cut back and forth, so this is all part of their charm. Lots of spoilers here. Enjoy and have a great day (Matthew Carter and John Carter may be fake names, because whenever they appear, they are written in over another name). The rest are who they really are.

I'm thinking that Stuart might be the person that is killed, but whoever shot him mistook him for Adam.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frank North? A play on Frank South.....Pratt's long-time writing partner? How pathetic.

ETA: OMG now that I've actually read the script yes it looks like Pratt is going to kill off Stuart Chandler.

Pratt/Frons are ensuring AMC will be cancelled this fall. Stuart killed for the Zach/Kendall/Ryan story?

• Members

Stuart is the kind of character who deserves to die under a willow tree while sitting down for an apple and a cheese sandwich break while painting a canvas.

I hope they don't kill off Stuart, what harm does he do being off canvas? And here you bring Liza back where she could interact with Marian then kill off Stu?

And then will we have to endure "Did they really kill Stuart or has Stuart been pretending to be Adam" type crap down the road? Oh AMC AMC AMC...

• Members

I'm sure Pratt forgot all about Frankie. Or it was just more important to him to work in his best friend's name.

It has to be Stuart that dies. We know that this involves two people with the same last name who can be easily mistaken for one-another, who have a terrace and, the biggest clue: Colby is upset about the death.

• Members

Yup. I bet DC's "hiatus" was like MEK's "hiatus" at the end of last year: the result of tense contract negotiations. If DC has been on vacation then ABC would have just said so.

I can't imagine what DC and the rest of the cast is feeling right now. There's no way Pratt and Frons want AMC to survive and they have to all realize that now.

Killing off Stuart is one thing. But to have him shot to death !?

• Members

Eeep, how General Hospital of them... Not good news.... Stuart dying is not necessarily a bad thing.... but its the way he would be going out. Not good. Scott Chandler coming back only to see his dad killed.

• Members

Just had a horrible thought that seems so something Pratt would do.

The suspects will include Zach, Ryan and Kendall, based on the script

Plus

Liza- going after Adam over Colby

Tad- who, after Cambias Sr. reveals he did not kill Dixie, thinks Adam was responsible (hence the SoapNet scoop of Tad seeing a past event in a new light and going after Adam)

Krystal- who Adam will be blackmailing with knowledge of who Marissa is

and possibly a few other.

But what if crazy Adam is ultimately revealed to be the one who killed Stuart? It has Melrose Place written all over it.

Archived