Y&R: Week of April 06, 2009

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mark H, I don't mind the Baldwin/Fishers, but they need to stop dragging their story lines on to point we overdose on them. The Kevin storyline should have been a week, not a month and he is so damaged they could have accomplished his break down in that time. I don't think they are interested in redeeming Gloria because of her reactions in the train car scenes. That woman really should have come on the scene proclaiming that it was all her fault, she's the one who didn't protect baby Kevin, when she was the only one who could, and if she had, none of this would have ever happened. Instead she comes on in a grand look at me in my helicopter gesture and immediately goes to support her bastard husband instead of being a mother to her son. That tells me they want her to remain completely unsympathetic. Hopefully Victor will get her to do something and she'll finally go up the river for years off screen, or escape to LA.

• Members

I was. I really was. Until this kevin storyline.

They NEED to go. Gloria, Jeff, Kevin, and Jana HAVE to go. NOW. Michael they can rebuild.

But the fishwin family really is just too much. they do to much, they get away too much, they add nothing. and i love the entire cast of family, but the characters do not work for me. not anymore.

• Members

I think after this storyline, Kevin needs to be done with the Terrible Tom stuff. I mean, DONE. The only time I can ever see it coming back is when he and Jana eventually have kids, with Kevin struggling with his instinctive reactions to discipline, based on Tom, and how he overcomes that to be a good dad.

But otherwise, if that never happens, they need to find something new and different with all of the Fisher-Baldwins. Much like Todd and the rape on OLTL, they keep going back to the same well with this family. And the best thing they can do is explore new storylines, create new iconic moments in their lives for the future... instead of going back. I think it would do wonders for all the characters.

Like MarkH, I find great enjoyment in all of them. We may be in the minority, but I think shining a new light on each of them individually will help a great deal.

• Members

I see it from a totally different perspective. I think her choosing her over the top expressions, makes the character more understandable. Picture a non-campy actor in this extremely campy character? Gloria stands out the most in the Fisher-Baldwin clan because she is almost used as the root of all their evils. I feels as if the show laid the foundation for what was the Fisher-Baldwin villains in Gloria's lap, I don't know if the actress made any of her choices based on this but I think the camp and over the top nature of the role goes along long way in helping the true evilous nature of the character. I think this is what helps the character stay on canvas, just my take

• Members

I thought Rachel Kimsey was adorable and full of personality. Not like the previous two Macs. CF seems like a sweet girl -- but geez, her lack of personality is painful to watch. I'm wondering if this is the way she's being told to play the part -- too bad because it's reflecting poorly on her.

• Members

You said a mouthful there, though I didn't really care for her from Raul on. Raul belonged with Rianna. Period.

:lol: I adored that.

And all I gotta say is- MAN, that Sharon Case is giving one hell of a performance. She injects nuance into every word that Sharon breathes. I've always liked Case, but never have I been this mesmerized by her. My eyes are glued to her in every scene she's in.

• Members

I know eh? I always appreciated her too, but she has taken her work to a whole other level here. This is the type of storyline that some people wait their entire careers to play. It just screams emmy. I also think it really adds depth to the character of Sharon as well. Who knew after 15 years there could be such unexplored territory here that compliments the character and doesn't destroy her... like other soaps when they try to change up a long standing character.

• Members

Junior and Adam, WORD to every. single. thing. that you said! I've always enjoyed Sharon, and her tendency to self-medicate with sex, but I have never, never, seen this type of brilliancy with the character as I see now! Exquisite character writing, and great performances by Sharon. I, too, just am glued on the screen whenever she comes on. She is LOVE.

Archived