Y&R: Week of April 06, 2009

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And I think that's a great dynamic to play for a long time. I don't see any Victor/Nikki reunion happening for a while - possibly years. But they should always be circling in each other's orbits. Nikki has only recently (since Victor's return from Mexico) been able to find strength and stand her ground when it comes to Victor. I'd love to see a year or two of Nikki growing stronger and stronger around him, firing back as strong as he dishes it out. Refusing to put up with his verbal and emotional abuse. And without even doing it intentionally, Nikki truly becomes Victor's equal. I think it would do wonders for the character and the actress. And then once that all happens, a reunion can be toyed with. (And I'm talking a LONG time). But until then, I actually enjoy seeing their tension/connection/bitterness/screwed-up-love play underneath Nikki's perfectly sappy relationship with Paul, and Victor playing "big daddy" to Ashley.

• Members

me issue is this - why give nikki all this growth just to take it away 3 months into her next relationship with Vic. IMHO, it seems once they get backtogether she loses herself and he consumes her. And not ina great soapy way. Thats why i like Ashley & Victor, shes still Ashley when shes with him. Granted - she is a little.. obsessed and goes crazy sometimes, but thats good soap.

• Members

Well, that's the catch. I would only have them get back together once Nikki is a stronger character permanently, so she wouldn't lose all of that strength three months in. If she lost all of that growth a few months in, then yeah - it's a colossal waste of time.

Again, I'm not saying this should happen next week, or next month, or even next year. 2011 sounds about right to me. LOL!

• Members

i agree. I just have seen Nikki lose herself every time she gets back with victor and have to wonder what would make this time diff.

that would be fantastic.

and honestly, this sounds much more compelling than them ever getting back together. So in love with eachother but not together because they know it just doesnt work. Letting them move on with others, even love others, but then when they run into eachother. at family gatherings to have that longing. man, that would be awesome.

• Members

Yes, I agree with every word.

Except I'd like the relationship with Paul to have more bones (no pun intended). I'd like to see him do sexy, thoughtful loving things at every turn. I'd like him to take her breath away, over and over again, with his knight-routine. I'd also like to see him be always sweet and gentle, but still sexy. He can throw her down on the bed. He can tease her and all that stuff.

So that, when the day comes, and there is a fissure in the relationship, there is REAL tension...not just a dishwater bland sappy thing.

And here's another thing. Even though I'm not a Chris-Paul fan (Chris-Danny all the way, IMO), I think the show thinks that Paul and Christine are another end game.

Therefore, when the breakup happens, I'd love it if it were PAUL leaving for CHRIS...and not Nikki predictably going to Victor.

• Members

Me, I'm thinking 2016...about the same time that Sharon and Nick should reunite. And no, I'm not joking.

See, I don't think that happened with the "hack bitch from the depths of hell".

At least not during the epilepsy arc, which I loved.

For that window in time, Nikki became the strong one. She guided Victor. She protected him. She reassured him when he flipped out. He begged her to "retire" and go see "100 places to see before you die". There was a total power reversal, and it wasn't malevolent...Nikki was gentle and loving and nurturing and protective and concerned.

Oh, I could have watched that for years...Victor smelling the lavender soap of his nuns...and Nikki indulging him in his dotage. Loved it like almost no other story during that era...it is THAT story that sold me on the "hack bitch from the depths of hell". (Yes, I know there were weaknesses even in that story, but for entertainment value, it was can't miss IMO).

What I'm saying is that we have a precedent for a strong Nikki. I'd like to see Victor eventually embrace strong-Nikki, and apologize that his own fear of abandonment caused him to over-react. I'd like to see it be sincere.

However, I believe that Braeden will refuse to play that -- ever. So, that being the case, I'd like to never see a reunion. "Circling orbits" is fine.

That means, though, that the "feeling" has to be amped up between Nikki and Paul. Now, they're just old friends and f*ck buddies, and that is not so interesting.

Archived