Y&R: Week of April 06, 2009

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I may be busted.

I like Gloria, but I love Judith Chapman.

To the ends of the earth.

I actually think she is among the most beautiful women ever put on the planet.

I love her flair for drama. I'd be happier with her on B&B, as I have said.

I first grew to love her as Charlotte on Ryan's Hope. I didn't see her, really, on ATWT or Days. I didn't like Ginny Blake on GH, but I watched somewhat for her during that era. So, yes, I was never happier that when the -- eccentric -- Joan Van Ark was replaced by this luminous, beautiful woman. And I know she is over 60, but I look at these pictures and I confess my thoughts can even become impure. Not really, though. I admire her as an objet d'art. Not just aesthetically, but also for the drama she brings to everything. She makes me want to watch her, no matter what her characters are doing.

Amelia Heinle could take a lesson.

I would love to see these theater pieces she has been directing...

judith_2_sepia.jpgjudith_straw_hat_sepia.jpg

• Members

Well, I'd rather she stay where she is...but if she must...

... then I must respectfully disagree with Alvin and say she could save B&B. Save it!

Not my Kevin. I am seriously compelled to see how he'll heal from this (if he'll heal). Kevin truly is like the shelter dog. I want him rescued, and then I want to protect him for the rest of his days, so nobody can ever hurt him again. And I love that brother Michael feels the same way I do. Indeed, it is how Michael tries to love and protect Kevin that finally got me to like Michael (rather than just be entertained by Christian).

(I'm speaking about my response to the character as a viewer -- not my mental break from reality :) ).

• Members

Oh yes. In five minutes. Seriously! Five!

I have it all scripted in my head.

Five minutes of SINCERE atonement (which Judith will rock), followed by a life lived authentically in the shadow of her apology.

This does not mean she has to be neutered. She can do all the bad things she wants, as long as they are FOR her SONS/DAUGHTERS-IN-LAW/FRIENDS/GRANDCHILDREN, and she doesn't actively try to HURT anyone (just scam 'em a little).

I suppose, too, after the atonement, she should be less reckless.

THE FIRST STEP is for Jeffrey to disappear. Just disappear. No exit storyline. Gloria says he went to Korea, she'll miss the drama, but she's excited to get on with her life.

I hope Barbara Bloom allows this, because it is essential in the rehabilitation of Gloria.

• Members

I don't think she is..... chalk another thing up to the destruction that was Lynn Marie Latham.... her forcefeeding of Gloria not taking any responsibility for her actions and basically promoting her character at the expense of the core Abbott family is what did the character in....

MAB should have just left her in prison... I have no idea where the character can go now....

• Members

I would have never thought the evil Carl Hutchins on AW could some day become its romantic lead.

It can be done.

Yes, LML mishandled it. (Not totally...I remember Jack getting the upper hand at the funeral, at the will reading, clothes in trashbags...).

Perhaps, though, MAB's task is to show us what she's made of, and to spend some time on the redemption arc.

Truly, tell me ONE THING she has done that CANNOT be repaired with sincere apology and correcting of her ways.

I'm guessing someone is gonna say 'when she threw that steak into the street so that Fisher would get run over'. Yeah, that was bad.

But what if, in a private moment with Fisher, she apologizes? What if she shows Fisher how much she cares for him? What if she gets a dog of her own and treats it like royalty. What if she goes to Noah and sincerely apologizes?

It can be done! It can be done! I challenge the writers to do it! (But I'm afraid they don't care as much about Gloria).

• Members

Kevin is the worst. I hate his story and wanted it to end like yesterday. He really isnt needed on the show anymore. He should pack his bags and take his mom and Michael with him. Rikkart is annoying me to end in his story.

Archived