CBS cancels Guiding Light

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am so sorry guys- i was never a GL watcher for more than a few episodes at a time, but damn if that show does not have some amazing episodes on Youtube. To see what it was, and what it is now..ughh.. I really hope that CBS will let the show look like a soap for the last month.. Were all the sets destroyed? Does GL even have a studio anymore?

And regarding Gina- She would be an IDIOT to return to OLTL as Kelly if she was offered Victoria on Y&R. Y&R and B&B are the only soaps to be on these days in terms of security and bosses who -generally- treat their casts well.

I hope GL goes out on a high note.

• Members

I'm betting Ellen Wheeler read the TVWeek article, left like 15 voicemails on Barbara Bloom's phone, 16 messages with her assistant, and then finally, Bloom returned her messages, determined not to wait another day to deliver the horrifying news.

If this is one big April Fools Scam to get more publicity for the show, then these people are sick fuckers.

• Members

"New home" is always such an appealing, optimistic idea. It has never worked before.

But maybe if "new home" were taken as the impetus to create the kind of program Vee talks about....it could be different this time. If some "new home" were willing to play, why not give it a shot?

That said, in this economy....

I remember when I lived in Germany, Die Springfield Story was a fairly big deal. I wonder if international appeal is out there, at all, anymore?

• Members

Such a sad turn of events. CBS and P&G have to share equally here in the blame. CBS long ago left GL on it's own by not attaching it to other soaps timewise. Why did it air at 10 am here in NYC when all the other soaps start at 12:30? Why didn't they have it follow ATWT or B&B? P&G and their shoddy production is the reason why the show deserved to be canceled. Shaky cameras, heads cut off, close ups on nothing, bad sound... The Real World had better production values. I just don't know why CBS didn't try reducing it to 30 mins and farming it out to a sister network or station? Why not GL on the CW three nights a week? Sorry GL watchers, the loss of a show is no fun.

Archived