CBS cancels Guiding Light

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's two down for Ellen Wheeler.

Seriously, it's very sad. This did not have to happen. Management and orienting storyline around personal bugaboos got it here. Paul Rauch beat this show into paste until it couldn't walk on its own anymore, and Wheeler, etc. finished it off.

GL has a proud, rich history and could have gone on for years if properly cared for. It dies a demented old animal.

• Members

This has to be an April Fools...I just dont see why anyone would think it would be a good idea to ACTUALLY cancel a TV show on April 1st. Plus, there were rumblings of Passions being cancelled for a good few weeks before it was actually confirmed. This has been, what? Two, three days?

• Members

I remember Santa Barbara and Sunset Beach's cancellations. :(

I wasn't a super-regular GL fan but I was an occasional viewer and appreciated the absolutely stellar cast GL had and still has.

I am really sorry for the GL fans if this is true, because the show was on an improving bent in recent months. I hope they tie everything up and do justice to the show.

• Members

The problem is, it follows the same pattern as AW. On its way out the door, the show tries to get good again and go back to its roots and what people want to watch. You can't go back to that at the last minute and expect a reprieve. There has to be a longstanding commitment. Wheeler should have brought Grant Aleksander back a year ago.

Archived