GH: April Discussion Thread

• Members

The show looks cheap. I can't believe that they would do this over getting better writers and producers.

Do any of you remember that Sandra Bullock movie, 21 Days, and they had Judith Chapman in some others in a fake soap opera they watched in rehab? The DVD put all those scenes into the deleted footage area. The lighting and sets remind me of the "new" GH, only, those scenes were, you know, entertaining.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mark, as you know Y&R is the gold standard for production values, and even in HD, it looks flawless. It is very funny to me that GH in HD, which requires much less light, is lit so freaking bright!! Between that and the ugly, old sets- I just don't get this. What was the point?

I am curious to hear what you think.

The show has a much clearer, colorful tone though- I have to give it that.

• Members

I don't watch the show but I took a quick look today because of the HD switch and I completely agree with your assessment. A few of the men looked orange, the women looked pretty good, but the sets looked like ugly crap and it was entirely too bright. I was surprised at how good NLG looks, she seems to be one of the few women over 50 in daytime who are still in very good shape and whose face doesn't look botoxed into oblivion.

Rebecca Herbst's hair looked to be some weird orange/red color.

• Members

I tuned in to see the new HD broadcast. It's not bad but the sets look just terrible and some of the men look orange. I can't recall, but didn't it take Y&R some time to get adjusted to HD back when they switched over?

On a side note, since I haven't watched in ages, remind me what's so great and compelling about Kimberly McCullough? Lord is this really the same actress I watched on this show years back? One note and one dimensional to boot. Aside from her being a legacy character, I don't get the appeal at all.

And I know it's unpopular to say this but I am just not a Nancy Lee Grahn fan. The only level of interest I had in her on GH was her story and scenes with Stephen Nichols.

• Members

I didn't notice the lines and wrinkles so much as the fact that you can tell that Make Up have been laying it on with a TROWEL. The eyeliner on Ingo Rademacher and Nancy Lee Grahn was Rebeccily-worthy. And Maurice obviously stole all the blusher because he looked like he had an itching case of rosacea.

By contrast, Sarah Brown looked washed out. Maybe its her dark hair color.

As RTR pointed out, the lighting is the biggest problem. That overhead bulb they have in the Sonny/Zacchara house? Has to go.

• Members

That critique is totally laughable! :lol: In more ways that one!

First, they're not discussing dialogue. Dialogue is something else.

Second, how many times did the "critic" say "not actually dumb, but..."? :lol:

Hysterical.

Archived