GH: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It also has to be exhausting. We talk about how Guza's burnt out after so many years, but it's got to be trying on the GH scrptwriters, having to step up their game to keep the show afloat, and keep the emotions and voices true to characters. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are starting to feel their own burn-out. And that's not a criticism of them, at all. I think you could be The World's Greatest Daytime Script-Writer, and having to step it up for ten years would exhaust anyone.

• Members

Robin's intervention was some of the best family/relationship scenes I have seen on GH in ages. KMc and JT did some really good work there. Robin's anguished cry, "you are trying to get rid of me" was heartbreaking. Patrick looked devastated. I liked Mac the most. The writing and acting for the PPD storyline has been very uneven, but it has ended on a high note.

The Serial Drama blog is great. They praised Robin's intervention. There isn't much on the soaps that is good so their funny critiques lighten the mood.

• Members

Watching live, because I have a terrible flu (I know...odd timing, given the news).

The intervention is very good...it feels like a real soap. But as GH:NS2 showed, anything based on "Scrubs" and their family is usually satisfying emotional drama. Personally, I also like Luke getting to know his bartender.

I definitely prefer "SpinMax", so I was sorry that Maxie ran to Johnny for comfort. I wonder what the longer-term plan for Lulu is?

• Members

So, the intervention show is really revolving around a few primarily domestic traumas: Robin's intervention, Carly's pregnancy and potentially fatal disease, loosely Maxie's romantic life, and Luke's getting to know his "bartender" better. Every one of these is fairly relatable and classic. In this episode, except for some Claudia-Jason stuff, there was no mob...and no Cassidine saber rattling so far.

No "John Woo". Seems watchable.

ETA: Ingo and Laura talked to each other with moist eyes. This pairing works!

• Members

Yeah I thought today's episode was really great. It was great to see the Scorpios and their extended clan come together as a family for once and I've always loved it when the normally placid Robin goes into holier than thou mode and starts calling people out for their past mistakes, like she did to Maxie today.

Luke and Ethan storyline has gotten me interested even though I hated it at first...loved all the references to 80s hair lol. Also liked the scenes with Jason and Diane too as he laid out the facts and listened to her opinion about the whole DVD mess. Max and Milo were pretty funny today too, I hope Jax does give them a chance to prove their worth.

• Members

Carjax have chemistry! Yes, I am stunned, too. Stunned that I like them together, that I'm rooting for them. Stunned that I even like Carly.

This show has been decent. The Ethan/Luke flirtation is even growing on me -- even though I suspect it was All About Bashing Lucky and making Ethan seem like Luke's only "true" son. Luke was never a mob-apologist and never a deadbeat dad.

[/rant]

I really appreciate seeing characters like Kelly and *gasp* Matt shine. Jason Cook always comes into his own with Jason Thompson and Kim McCullough. And the actress who plays Kelly is way underrated.

And Diane! What is with showing characters I actually like, GH? :lol: Is it because Kelly Monaco has gone to Vegas for a couple months? The fall in the ratings got somebody backstage really scared? Next thing you know, we'll be seeing the Qs in their own frontburner SL. :blink:

Even Claudia as the lurking Lady MacBeth works. And MB was actually animated yesterday!

It's not even about the stories which are in general blah. It's about the characters. Damn. When I can't even bitch about GH, you know something is off-kilter. :lol:

Archived