GH to go hi-def?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is anyone more annoyed than ever by the opening? First, it wasn't updated to be HD quality. Second, no new characters were added. Third, now it's stretched disproportionately. Christ, can it get any worse? Can we just have a title card and forget the whole thing?

• Members

Just trot out the 1980s opening with the squealing tires of the ambulance rushing through the gates of the hospital. Heck, with the revamp of the hospital set, JFP is going to be filming every scene she possibly can on that new set. They used the old opening for the final episodes of NightShift, Season 2, and it was seamless, I thought. It didin't hit me that they were using the old credits until about 10 seconds into it.

BTW, I am watching Monday's episode and concur with Mark. Tyler Christopher looks like a pork chop cooking under the grill. I don't think that's either lighting or make-up.

• Members

I agree with every word. GH's ambulance was like Day's hourglass. Simple, unique, classic.

Does anyone remember from the 70s, when GH just had a black screen with rolling credits (same font as was used on the ambulance one)?

ETA: I see Tyler is getting interviewed by SON (Errol). Maybe somebody could ask him about the makeup, lighting and coloring issues. Surely the actors are aware of it, and have some thoughts.

Archived