Are DAYS' days Numbers?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sigh.. not your fault, Mitch, but must we really go through this again?

DAYS is fine for the next few months. Passions is, too, and I personally think SciFi getting reruns has only helped matters. Days also has SOAPnet going for it, so... NBC would be idiots to lose their two daytime dramas.

So, must we rehash this all over again?

• Members

Would NBC just throw in the towel on its daytime line up just like that? DAYS has rebounded this year in that ever important 18-49 demo and now is consistently finishing 2nd of tying for 1st place.... Passions continues to bring in along with DAYS good 18-34 numbers and the teen girls demo.... I dunno Passions maybe but I'd like to think DAYS is safe. I have no use for either show but I know these shows have very loyal followings and a very vocal fanbase here on these boards (at least DAYS does) so it is always a shame when cancellation rumours pop up.... Its kind of a sad thought to think by this time 2 years from now DAYS, Passions, GL and possibly ATWT could all be off the air :unsure:

• Members

Thats a very sad thought indeed. Can you imagine 4 shows off the air in 2 years, that is MAJOR. The remaing 5 would die off in the 5-7 years following.

Lets hope NBC honours their contract with DAYS for the remainder, I really hope they hold on to it, in the meantime DAYS still has 3 more months of ratings to keep inching up those numbers, lets hope they break back into the 3.0's in HH, that would put DAYS above their averages the last time they were in negotiations with NBC.

• Members

Hell, I could see OLTL joining that list, too. As hard as it to think of these shows, which have been around for years and years and years, coming to a sudden and abrupt end in the next few years, it's entirely possible. Viewers just won't see it coming, I don't think. For shows that have sustained this long, you almost expect to see warning sirens and buzzers going off to precede the announcement, but it always seems to come out of nowhere... such and such show is cancelled, last airdate six months from now. No real warning, despite the constant worries.

If this happens, it would leave only Y&R, B&B, AMC and GL. For daytime, that's nada.

• Members

I don't see daytime ending. There will be less choices, yes. But daytime has always survived.

Take a look at game shows. Syndie champs WHEEL OF FORTUNE and JEOPARDY were the only two game shows worth watching in the mid-to-late 90's. Thanks to GSN(who, BTW, has promised a revisit to game shows instead of reality shows) and WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?, game shows continue to exist.

I see a world with Y&R, B&B, AMC, and GH existing. Those are four soaps. I see them probably all getting rebroadcasted on SOAPnet or even moving to SOAPnet if enough households get the channel within the next three to five years.

There will ALWAYS be new soaps, ALWAYS be an interest. Even if the soaps aren't packaged in the way we want.

Archived