Bring Morgan Fairchild on contract (plus Joan Collins on recurring) to B&B!

• Members

I think the show could be good on long term if Lesli Kay would take over Stephanie's place as the matriarch once La Flannery leaves. She is a very fierce actress and soooo underused, it is a shame. As for Fairchild, I don't know her a lot but I wouldn't mind seeing her or Collins on guest-star but no more. A former primetime name has never really helped in B&B (remember Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Lorenzo Lamas, etc). By the way, I tend to think that their characters would be sort of what Lesley-Ann Down is (or should be) playing, a bitch on heels. I say let's focus on LAD, she can be great as a conterpart for Stephanie.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really like Heather Locklear, I think she can make magic on television. Unfortunately, I think the odds that she'd do daytime are slim to none. Heather's RICH, to the point that she only has to work on what she likes. I hear she has hit an impasse with the producer of Melrose Place II...she didn't like it, thus she likely isn't doing it.

Must say I take offense to saying that Joan Collins is "too old to function"...that's a terrible attitude. I don't think that's what you meant Bellcurve...but I just had to comment that Joan Collins is vital and energetic and a hard worker. She can do whatever she likes. The only reason I suggest she go for a recurring role is that Joan travels a lot, she lives in LA, London, NYC and St. Tropez, traveling is important to Joan, a contract role would be too much of a commitment, recurring would be great for her and I know she'd be wonderful.

I don't necessarily think Morgan would have to spar with a woman. I really like to think of her as menace, making everyone's lives hell! I think Susan Flannery has still got it, but she is now working less at her choice. Lesli Kay would be terrific.

Brad is at a point where he knows that he can't write the show as he has been for that much longer...change is going to come. I think he could take Morgan and Joan seriously, he did it with Jack Wagner (albatross that he may be). But Sylph I am in total agreement with you, Morgan and Joan won't make B&B perfect, the world will not be at peace, but they'd be refreshing additions. Total agreement there :)

I agree with you in part. Lesli Kay IS fabulous. She IS fierce and she IS criminally underused. However, she hasn't been kept around all these years for no reason, Brad loves Lesli...he simply needs help to integrate some of the cast better, he's used to his Core 4...when one of them goes, it'll be a dramatic shift for him.

I addressed Duffy (nice guy who plays nice guys and does a good job), Gray (great secondary character who was attached to the AWFUL character of Samantha) and Lamas (TERRIBLE actor) earlier.

I disagree with you about Morgan and Joan's potential characters becoming like LAD's Jackie. Jackie is the way she is because it's LAD playing her. LAD doesn't play a 'straight up glam bitch' well. She plays her characters neurotically, which I also like, but it's not how Morgan and Joan play their characters. Their characters can be tough and bitchy, but also funny and warm...but never neurotic (even when Morgan played Jordan Roberts on Falcon Crest, a character with multiple personalities, or Jennifer Pace on Search for Tomorrow, who heard voices, she wasn't neurotic).

As much as I like LAD, I'd ditch her in a second for Morgan, Joan or the fabulous Lauren Koslow. I think the problem with Jackie Marone is that, like Linda Gray's Priscilla Kelly, she's attached to a HORRIBLE character, this time in the form of Nick Marone. Being related to a terrible character taints the character. B&B needs to start fresh with its glam/tough women.

• Members

Ditto and ditto... loved her GL run... love the legacy of her infamous Dynasty role. At first I thought, "Yes I love Joan Collins, but that broad is like 76 years old now!" But then I thought about how B&B loves to showcase their older dames in strong, fierce roles so why not! Bring on Joan! Morgan Fairchild would be fun too.

In this day and age with former 80's/90's stars getting daytime work, you never know who'll pop back onscreen!

• Members

I think LAD was horribly miscast as JW's onscreen mother. They'd have made a HOT couple, even though Nick wouldn't have been worthy of her. I think the writers don't know what to do with 'Jackie' becuase they've made her the hot mother of a middle aged men. There are no available men in her age group, certainly none older, and the younger are either related to her son, or the relatives of those related to her son. Much younger than that and I think they're making a joke of Jackie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

May I ask why?

Couldn't you just read Vogue Paris or something?

This is the kind of woman I want to see on B&B:

11466-23782.gif

Which I realize comes from left field...but I just want these good actors to have substance and depth and conversations and consistency and emotional resonance. I'd give up the runway forever if the show were just more frequently touching.

• Members

Oh yeah. Well, I'll have to construct that, because unlike a lot of other things, it is not a totally reasoned, incident-based thing. I did not like Paper Dolls, nor her in it. I did not like The City. I do not like her voice. I find her attractive enough but not beautiful. She never once inspired in me any great emotion, unlike all the other 80s soap femmes.

But these are generalities, so I'll have to give more specific exemplars. Suffice it to say I loved Joan Collins, Jane Wyman, Linda Gray (on Dallas), every single woman who ever graced Knot's Landing, most of the women on Melrose Place....I never liked Linda Evans or Victoria Principal or Morgan Fairchild. Morgan Brittany, on the other hand...

I'd say it was some kind of anti-blonde bias, but I just adored Joan Van Ark, Donna Mills (I love her!), Courtney Thorne-Smith (yup!), Heather Locklear (!).

But not Morgan Fairchild. I didn't even enjoy her, specifically, on Flamingo Road...even when I loved just about everyone on that show.

• Members

I read French Vogue, I read Vogue Hommes too, Cat and I are friends with Carine Roitfeld. And also Plum Sykes and Kate Betts. :lol::P

The point was not model and runway: doesn't this picture tell you a powerful, tough-as-nails female executive who also has a softer, emotional side? It radiates that way to me. And the woman doesn't have to be a fashion house chief; I'd rather have her be a bank chief or something. Forresters primary lender or something.

So yes, lots of emotion. A woman who had a difficult emotional life, with lots of scars.

Vulnerability.

Archived