Bring Morgan Fairchild on contract (plus Joan Collins on recurring) to B&B!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My reasoning is that Susan Lucci's breast implants aren't as good as Morgan's. Furthermore, La Lucci's eyes are just a touch too tight. She still looks great...but I think Morgan's surgery is more in line with how she's always looked.

Morgan Fairchild and Joan Collins for B&B!

• Members

I love Morgan Fairchild as much as any gay man would(or should), but what's with all the hype?! LOL. I'm gonna play the opposide side here for a second.

The City never truly came alive until after they wrote Morgan out. And that wasn't really her fault. Every scene I've watched that she was in, she was jaw dropping fabulous. From her dress, to her hair, makeup, and acting. There's a scene she's in where she's lamenting about Jared's life while he's in the coffin and in the next scene(or episode), she gets a chess piece(or something from her purse) and stabs him with it to make sure he's dead and goes "Just checking!" The way she delivers the line was fabulous, as was the piece of music used in the scene(Scott Schreer was a brilliant composer). But Tracy totally ruled on The City.

But I don't think she was anything spectacular in Fashion House. I loved her entrance, but her character didn't do jack, and I don't think she really "rose" to the occassion. If anything, they should have hired Morgan to be Maria Gianni. But I don't think Bo Derek was nearly as bad as people made her out to be. I liked seeing a main bitch diva be something other than a campy fashion whore. Derek's Maria was this ice queen creature. I think she got way better as the show went along(even though I know they shot alot of crap out of order, it just seemed that way). My favorite scenes with Derek was the one where she told the model "You've been eating, I can tell!" and the one with Mini Anden's Tania at the Nail Salon.

I would welcome her to B&B with open arms, but I'd much rather see him woo Heather Locklear or the fabulous Tatum O'Neal in for a short or long-term stint. The former usually puts the juice in any lagging show and I'd love to see what she could do in daytime. And the latter was absolutely riveting in WICKED WICKED GAMES. I was shocked at how Tatum O'Neal was able to make camp funny, be serious, and put her best bitchface on.

Morgan(as much as I love her) is old news. I'd love to see another camp/bitch figure rise from the ashes and onto our screens at B&B.

• Members

So... What's your point? :unsure:

She was spectacular precisely because she made the sh!tty material they gave her look like something decent. She made the entrance look the best way it could possibly look even though the dialogue was... Dreadful. The only line that's worth something is that last pointing-finger one. Maria's lines... :rolleyes: And that's all Richard Andreoli's fault, he wrote that one. Next, it's Sophia visiting Maria in her apartment: what a terribly written scene that one was? Complete with "whore back in horrible". :rolleyes: Awful, awful line. Meaningless scene... Yet Morgan just diminished the id*otic factor of the scene.

And Derek... Boy, she just can't act. It was so painful watching her.

I wasn't that impressed with Tatum. And so Morgan is old news, but Heather, who I also like a lot, is new news? :P:lol:

Heather's been here for quite some time... Not like she came yesterday.

• Members

That not everything Morgan has starred in has been this beautiful, sparkly thing. She wasn't "The City." If anything, Jane Elliot's arrival as Tracy Q. saved the show from being a COMPLETE bust. Not necessarily Fairchild's fault, but to call her the would be messiah of soap? The potential savior of B&B?! Psh.

And this is coming from a Morgan Fairchild fan.

And what does HE have to do with this?

Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

It's not like Heather has hitched her star to every single project she could. She's done Dynasty, Melrose, Spin City, a guest appearance on Scrubs, and a crappy NBC show about one of the most unglamorous places in Southern California(L.A.X.). She's not as..."overexposed" as our dear la Fairchild or the "too old to function" Joan Collins.

• Members

First, take a deep breath. No one here's having an ugly fight. OK?

Who is saying that? Messiah? :unsure: No one is saying she didn't make mistakes.

He wrote cr*ppy material for her. He didn't know how to take advantage of the opportunity to write for Morgan. And in many other ways...

I don't know. But it's not: Bellcurve likes it, thus I must hate it, if that's what you think it is.

Fairchild overexposed? :blink:

And have in mind I wasn't saying The City was great. I said I loved Sydney Chase character. :)

• Members
Never said I was.

Well, she's just been greatly heralded in this thread as someone who could put B&B on it's feet. Why wouldn't anyone else be able to do this? Someone who's on the canvas? Someone actually in daytime? I think Lesli Kay would be stellar at the qualities you mention that Morgan Fairchild would be great at.

I just don't understand why Morgan(or Joan Collins) would be *THE* medicine that B&B needs.

The shows were cast well after the scripts were written, if I am not mistaken. And how are we to know if some of Morgan Fairchild's dialogue wound up on the cutting room floor for time/editing purposes? Also, Sophia Blakely may have been originally intended to be a bit role, hence the reason why Fairchild is rarely seen and/or hardly ever drives story. The shows were originally scripted for syndication also. And who knows if FOX(also involved in a labor dispute over the telenovelas) wanted them to rewrite more material to make Fairchild's presence more known?

Well stop with the "What's your points." I mean, are we in junior high?

Lesli Kay's Felicia would be fierce against La Fairchild or anyone for that matter.

But she'll get a story when the Communist Party dies in Cuba.

• Members

YES! A major problem... La Flannery, as I said some time ago, has lost all sense of scenic movement. She lost all of the grace and presence she once had. And let's just not get started on how ruined a character she now is...

• Members

I don't think that's true. Pretty much everyone here realises that in the hands of Bradley Bell it would be another squandered opportunity. Nor do I think DaytimeFan & I and the rest were in Bring Morgan and the world will be at peace mode. She would be a nice refreshing addition, but a whole lot more needs to be done in order for her addition to the cast to work.

Also, yes, there are plenty of other opportunities, but this is a thread dedicated to Morgan. That's all.

Never mind that whole thing. The fact is that all the dialogue given to her has certain elements, "trademarks" that makes me believe not all that much happened in the editing room. And I know for a fact RA wrote that wedding entrance episode.

:lol: I was genuinely asking that! I didn't mean to push any (wrong) buttons! I really didn't.

• Members

You know what? After all these years, I'm beginning to realise that B&B has failed (sometimes miserably) at satisfying me and just kept on with its disappointments. I always wanted it to be something more, something else. And I never got it. Yes, there were good stories, even great ones, beautiful and funny moments, but I always kept asking Why can't he just do this? Why is it so difficult? Why can't Brad sustain a certain amount of quality?

For me to be in love with it as it is, it would seriously need to reconsider its whole concept. Because, I have never, not for a moment believe Eric was a designer, Ridge much less, it all just felt as a totally bizarre, weird way of depicting how a fashion company works. Never rang true.

And now we're stuck — sick of Ridge, Brooke, Stephanie, Taylor and realising there's no one to take their spot. A spot once upon a time we thought they might reach. Now they're just silly little pathetic caricatures running around LA.

• Members

Maybe next time. I usually do kisses when I want to avoid saying something mean to someone I actually like.

We've squashed our beef for now.

And I agree with your thoughts to a certain degree. I can buy Ridge and Eric as fashion designers because they're such wimps. But I don't like how unrealistic they portray the fashion industry with the lame Spectra vs. Forrester fashion runway wars and the way Forrester is never challenged by true, serious competition. It's always someone stealing those dated designs.

We've disagreed about Taylor, but I loved her as a woman who was morally conflicted. I didn't like her bedhopping half of L.A., but Taylor, after the James/Hector things came out, she never pretended to be saint and that alone earned my respect. Taylor has never hidden behind her mistakes after that and I admire that.

I do agree that B&B is screwed in the longrun, especially when Susan Flannery retires. I don't think Brooke and Ridge are capable enough as leads to take over. I think they do well with being morally bankrupt rich people, but I don't see Brooke being a good matriarch or mother figure.

Archived