OLTL: Anyone remember Kelli Maroney & Marsha Clark as Tina Lord?

• Members

Yes that is her.

She has had 3 roles on OLTL. I forget who she played first. Then she played Vicki as a temp and then played Pamela.

She got her start in daytime on Lovers & Friends/For Richer, For Poorer and was very good on there. When it was cancelled AW hired her to play Janice Frame which is still her best known role.

Then she played Kimberly (Kelli Maroney) step-mother on Ryan's Hope. Her name there was Catsy Kirkland and she was married to Peter Haskell's character. All of the Kirkland's except for Leigh were written off and never heard from again.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How nice that my threadjack came full circle. :P

Christine was a weird choice for Tracy. Jane is one of a kind, there is no one else in daytime who quite has that awesome butch glam thing she's got going on. Robin Strasser was thisclose to playing Tracy at one point and that wouldn't have worked either.

• Members

Dixie subbed for Pinkerton, and I am too lazy to look up my timeline right now, but I'm unsure if it was before or after her EON days as Brandeis (Brandi). I bet she was fabulous though. Dixie is a lot like a classically-trained British actor, she has a wonderful relationship with the text (i.e., the lips, the teeth, the tip of the tongue... she USES the words, she crawls into them like Stephanie Beacham or Iris-era Beverlee McKinsey).

I always thought that Patti Lupone and Jessica Walter would make for good Dorian subs should Robin ever bump her head or something.

• Members

Kimberly was heavily featured during the 1981 Writer's Strike on "Ryan's Hope". I believe the show received its highest ratings the week a drunken and pregnant Kimberly fought off an attempted rape from a dock worker before Frank and Jill delivered baby Arley on the house boat. It wasn't that fans loved this story it was just this was the end of the Ice Princess on "General Hospital" where everybody and their brother was watching the ABC soap lineup. While Kimberly wasn't popular with fans, she was a face a lot of people were familiar with because of the timing of her storyline.

In my opinion, Kelli Maroney wasn't awful, but Kimberly was isolated storyline wise. The Seneca/Kimberly/Michael/Rae storyline played out in its own realm separate from the rest of the show. During the tailend of the strike, Kimberly ran to the Ryans for support and the show gelled better, but Kim was quickly written off after the strike.

• Members

That's what I'm saying. Ryan's Hope took it a step too far, there. That's like an Americanization of a name you get in a old school Nintendo RPG, where the Japanese programmers think it sounds right in English and the little 10-yo in Iowa who buys the game is like "huh? Arly?"

• Members

Arley was supposedly Rae Woodard's real name. Apparently, Rae was more glamorous than Arley. Anyway, it was a Writer's Strike storyline.

The name Arley wasn't as bad as Kim's onscreen pregnancy. Apparently, Kim wasn't smart enough to realize she was pregnant until she was six months. And if that wasn't bad enough, Kim had been hospitalized twice during her pregnancy: once with pneumonia and once when she was slipped a drug at a party. Also, during the conception, Kim was sleeping with both Seneca and Michael and no one ever questioned whether or not the baby was Michael's.

Archived