OLTL: Anyone remember Kelli Maroney & Marsha Clark as Tina Lord?

• Members

Does anyone remember that peroid inbetween Andrea Evans first and second stints on OLTL when Tina was twice recast in 1984; first with Kelli Maroney, then with Marsha Clark? Apparently both of these actresses had just come off of success stints on other soaps. KM was on Loving. MC had been on Guiding Light. But rarely is anything ever said about their time playing Tina. I know it was brief. Can't find any clips of them in the role anywhere. Does anyone remember their versions of Tina?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kelli was on RH, not LOV. She played Rae's daughter Kim (I thought she was so annoying). I've only seen a bit of her as Tina on YouTube and she seemed almost too grounded for Tina. She was a good rich spoiled brat on RH.

• Members

Saw that one on youtube- SUCKED. She is the screechy cheerleader girl in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, by the way. "And we are gonna kick Lincoln's ass tonight RIIIIIIIGGGHT?" or something like that... Its kinda funny.

Andrea Evans is the only Tina. I would sooner never see Tina again than see anyone else play her.

The worst Tina ever was Krista Tesreau. Tina was simply boring. Vanilla. The worst.

(I am sure she is great on GL though)

• Members

What YT clip exists of Kelli Maroney (and yes, that was my goof...she was on RH) playing Tina? What's it called? Far as Marsha Clark goes, again...never saw her as Tina, but I did see a small clip of her on GL a few years prior playing that nurse character. I can't imagine her as Tina at all. Did she even have blond hair while on OLTL?

• Members

See, I didn't hate Krista. It's just that AE is pretty iconic, that frenetic energy and that little girl voice. That's our Tina. Krista was more like a cougar you'd see smoking a Capri at the end of the bar.

• Members

They were both in and out so quick that you didn't really miss much. The show wanted Andrea Evans back, but she was on Y&R at the time, so they hastily recast.

From what I recall, Kelli Maroney played an uber "spunky" Meg Ryan-esque Tina. A real vapid cheerleader, inchangable blond type. Her Tina came back upon learning that Ted Clayton wasn't her father and set out to find out who he could be. She worked as an assistant to Asa and wore Junior-league type suits. KM was there for about six months. Reportedly she quit because exec. producer Paul Rauch wouldn't stop making passes at her.

Marsha Clark replaced her at years end, but if you blinked you missed her. She was only there for about a month or two. Sort of witty and mousy. Very 'un' Tina-like and such an obvious stand-in that nothing was really done with the character during her time.

In Feb. '85, the show finally managed to lure back Evans, who knew how to play the part right.

• Members

Marsha Clark pops up from time to time as a lawyer on Days now. She was on some in 2008.

She was totally miscast as Tina. I recently came into possession of a pic of her with Gerald Gordon when she was probably about 15 or 16 years old. She was his fan club president around 1969 or 1970 and had her photo in some magazines with him.

As someone else said Marsha Clark was on for such a brief time she didn't make any impression at all, and she was clearly a stand in until they could find someone else.

I think that Nancy Frangionne also played Tina very briefly too as a temp for Andrea Evans. She was fairly good in the role.

To me the best Tina will always be Karen Witter. She made me totally forget all about Andrea Evans.

• Members

I wasn't old enough to watch soaps during the time Kelli Maroney was on daytime, but I never have understood why she was so popular at Ryan's Hope. Or at least popular enough to make the cover of People. I thought Kimberly damaged the show, and did fatal damage to the character of Rae Woodard.

I wonder if they borrowed from her very campy style when Andrea Evans returned. In Andrea's first stint as Tina, wasn't Tina just an average teen ingenue?

• Members

I caught both Barcroft and Jones as Vicki. I loved both but really liked Christine Jones in the role. I have always loved Jones though. She is one of those actresses that should have been on long term on some show but just never got the right role.

I missed both Dixie Carter and Ellen Barber due to being in school.

Archived