ATWT: March Discussion Thread

• Members

-- i HATED the luke / lily PSA...just HATED it. preachy, didactic, and sophomoric. sounded like it was written by 9th graders.

-- luke and noah have become nauseating, and luke is especially bad. if "shades of gray" means he has to be stupid and moronic and vapid, i don't want to see it. i used to think these 2 were hot together, but now i cringe when they're on.

-- is every luke storyline going to turn into an after school special? UGH.

-- i want parker and liberty to DIE. i've grown to despise both of them, and find neither one to be sympathetic. they're pathetic, useless kids, and why TPTB think we want to see those two is beyond me.

-- i'm tired, tired, tired of craig annoying everyone. cheap, easy writing.

-- the actress who plays allison sucks -- bigtime. i want her to die with parker and liberty. why the hell would casey be interested in her at all?

ATWT is a big, fat mess.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks LOL! I know, I know--but the flip side of it is I do really actually like Carly now, and I haven't for a long time. I needed her without Jack for a while, and I'm liking what they have done with her. MW has become one of my highlights in watching.

Seriously, anything to make Nuke go away.

• Members

Arguably, the best actress in daytime. ;) I wish they would write Carly the way she deserves to be written. This simpering, Craig-pandering shell is not Carly. And oy...don't get me started on the hatchet job they've done on Jack, all in the name of making GrampsMonty "a hero" in Carly's eyes. :rolleyes:

I'm waiting patiently for the inevitable "Craig reverts to his mean, nasty-assed self and screws over Carly in his own self-interest" arc of the story to begin. :lol:

• Members

Okay, so far I have just seen Monday's episode this week. I loved Casey and Tom and Margo's interaction, including Margo being reluctant to welcome Allison and then increasingly warming to her.

Dusty/Meg was "blah blah blah blah blah" (say that like Selena Gomez's character on "Wizards of Waverly Place" if you know what I mean). Paul's latest scheme with the knife made no sense. Paul blackmailing Lucy also made no sense.

A+ for the Hughes story, B for Emily being in the episode, D for the rest, comes out to a B- overall for Monday. I still think the show is great right now, except for Meg and her satellites, but she drags the show down because she is on so much.

• Members

Tuesday = another powerhouse performance from Maura West- she so delivered! Her arguments with Jack were spot on. Kudos to Michael Park as well, though his character may be turning out to be a tough role to tackle. That's not to take anything away from Pinson, but MP & MW were certainly the highlight.

Parker is driving me nuts and I'm DYING for Liberty to grow some kind of backbone. She just goes along with whatever Parker tells her to do. It's getting old.

I cringed throughout the Lily/Luke/Noah stuff. Everything moves too fast on ATWT- this story literally started two days ago and already Lily/Luke are being interviewed for the news? And the landlord has already agreed to rent Luke & Noah the apartment? I agree with whoever said the scenes were written by a 9th grader- everything was so sophomoric & PSA.

The only thing ATWT has going for it right now is there are a variety of storylines going right now and if you don't like one, it's not necessarily going to be featured every day. Still, I wish they'd get their act together- even with the variety, the majority of it is still pretty bad.

• Members

Having now seen Tuesday's brilliant episode, I have to wonder how opinions about the same material can be so different! I liked practically everything about the episode. Most anything not involving Meg is pretty addictive right now, and has been since the show found its groove last week with Parker and Liberty.

Janet and Carly being friends is excellent, not going down the predictable triangle/rivals route, and makes sense because of what is going on with the kids needing all their parents to care about *them*, not about scoring points vis a vis each other. Confronted with Parker stealing from Al's, Jack has his legitimate point in how to handle it, and Janet/Carly have their legitimate point as well. Caught in the crossfire, Liberty is being dragged around by Parker and looks to be on the verge of a meltdown or a needed blowup at him, which should be good. Craig was stirring things up with Jack as usual, revealing where Parker/Liberty stayed. Like I said, brilliant!

I appreciated that the show brought up the housing discrimination issue. It seems to be only a setup for something else and not a story in its own right - so I agree that it was rushed but I'm not surprised. A true examination of the issue might have been less "preachy". Instead, it was just a plot point to touch on. Nonetheless, I was still impressed with some things, like Luke mentioning discrimination against transgendered people as well, and Van's great acting portraying Luke being nervous. Van wasn't making his faces that Ruckston Hills doesn't like (I do agree they are noticeable), either. I loved Luke's ruffling of Noah's hair, unlike the other poster who commented on that. I have a feeling the WOAK segment might have been more compelling with Martha Byrne instead of Noelle Beck, but I still think Noelle Beck did a good job with it. I was also happy to see Kim, although I wish we saw her more.

Switching away from Tuesday's brilliance, I am not sure what makes sense about Dusty/Meg, PJ. Why do they make sense, because they are sweethearts from decades ago? They make sense because Dusty wants to use Eliza to replace Johnny? How is that to Meg's benefit? Because Dusty rides to the rescue all the time? What happened to her needing to take a step back and not get involved with or take anything from anyone else? That lasted less than a month! In two weeks, she will change her mind for no reason again probably.

• Members

I think your learners permit should be revoked, you missed by a mile and only managed to inflict a bandaid size wound. :lol:

In the mean time on the other side of the hospital----it looks like Vienna/Henry are in for a different kind of WTD storyline. I don't know whether to cry/LOL/or throw-up. Actually I think I'll do all three. :rolleyes:

• Members

I go back and forth on them. I actually liked MWil/McCouch the first time around. I just meant that at this moment, they're not obnoxious. I know some people see Dusty as "replacing" Johnny with Eliza...I don't at all. I think Dusty doesn't trust Paul's sliding sanity. I think he's got plenty of reasons not to. It's Meg's flip-flop I don't get. It took one supervised visit to get her to "trust" Paul again. I'm sorry...a self-inflicted knife wound (with Paul's very recent mental health issues) would have had me on the phone with my lawyer and his ass back in family court before he could say "boo!"

I just think that Dusty/Meg make sense at this point in their lives. They have a common outlook. They have a friendship to build on. I don't think Meg/Paul have made sense since she came up with the ridiculous notion to marry Craig.

And in a sea of ATWT couples that don't make sense (Craig/Carly, Paul/Meg), don't have chemistry (Jack/Janet, Parker/Lib), have been relegated and marginalized (Bratie, Henry/V) or are just boring (Nuke, Ali and just about everyone), I think Dusty and Meg have potential. But...if they don't work, it's no skin off my nose.

GAWD....I loathe Katie in her chipper mode. I hate how quickly this insane surrogate story is bopping along.

Damian...he's the most interesting thing about Luke...that's for dang sure. But he looks a little thin.

• Members

I really can't stand Luke when he gets on his soapbox. He's a one-trick pony, and it gets old fast. I myself am gay, but I hate this notion that anyone who isn't thrilled about gay issues is homphobic. Why not show people who think homosexuality is wrong, but are not out to run Luke down with a car, or send him off to deprogramming camp? These are the people I meet most often, and they are certainly entitled to their views. As you can tell, I can't stand political correctness.

• Members

Agreed, Quent. Not everybody is a member of the KKK. It's all so amateurish, so after-school special-ish. ATWT, when they wrote a "social issue" storyline, always was able to dig a lot deeper (Andy's alcoholism, Margo pulling the plug on Casey, as two examples). I didn't feel like I was being preached to. This feels like a high school assembly production that used to make me roll my eyes a lot. Really - they should be ashamed of themselves.

Archived