ATWT: March Discussion Thread

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought it was Jack who brought up Hal (talking about how he and Carly raised Parker the way his dad would have wanted, not thinking that he could do anything just because he had money).

Then Janet responded, asking if Hal would have wanted Jack to send Parker to boarding school.

The week was okay -- no clunker stories, but still too much of Dusty/Meg.

I like Carly's developing alcoholism story because it is topical and related to her family history.

I liked Luke voicing many of the concerns some posters have had about his hypocrisy, and Noah agreeing, before his resolving to get back into the foundation work. I liked Lily calling Noah to go to the foundation meeting. I liked the hot Luke/Noah kiss. Seeing Brian again, geting an update on Lucinda's health, Brian and Lucinda being friends, Lily getting involved with the foundation, the confrontation about mission with the other foundation, all worked for me.

I liked Casey in the whole Casey/Jade/Allison/Emily messy reveal, as well as Emily and Jade's scene afterward. It's scary, but I'm starting to root for Emily in everything she does, not only here but with Paul/Meg and the Lucy situation. I agree, where is Susan? She hasn't been on in forever.

I liked how the show protrayed both Carly/Jack/Janet, and Parker/Liberty, as right in their own way. Parker/Liberty were shown to be immature with the way Parker was talking about how Liberty would be able to buy anything she wanted. Yet the two are still rootable for me and I don't want Parker sent off to boarding school.

I'm confused because I didn't think Parker/Liberty actually had sex the day of the kitchen fire. But the show is acting like they did so I guess they did.

Lucy is tolerable now -- I wonder which returning character she is working with.

• Members

They didn't...but I think they would have if not for the kitchen fire. I don't blame Jack for thinking they had or not believing them when they said they didn't.

Today's show....not great, but it was just so frakin' nice to see unusual character interactions, it felt like old times.

Holden and Lily both need to STFU when it comes to relationship advice. Holden, because he was crawling into bed with two women last summer (so much for his advice for Meggie to "cool it" between relationships) and Lily....sigh....girl, Dusty made it CLEAR from the beginning of your boffscapade that it was just sex. Not to mention, you hit that tool-belt wearing Mike like five seconds after finding out about Carly and Holden.

Advice to Paul...perhaps if you wanted to convince your ex you'd changed, you'd resist the temptation to lick her face every time she's in the same room with you. Seriously, she's your ex...stop asking about her "social" life every five friggin' seconds. It feeds her ego and makes you look pathetic.

Nuke.....UGH. Just freakin' ONCE I'd love for those idiots to be wrong. Just to prove that they can be. Would it hurt to be turned down for an apartment because they're college students? Don't meet income requirements, or someone just got to the apartment first?

• Members

Oh dear gawd :lol::lol::lol:

I actually watched since I was home. I agree about character interactions. LOL....so tired of Luke feeling he is always being duped because he is gay. Gawd...Van's acting gets worse everyday. What's with all these faces he makes while acting? What's with all the extra gay acting in his performances?

That would have been priceless. :lol:

• Members

Was that judge for real? :rolleyes: Talk about not getting all the facts before deciding whether Limbo and Puker should be allowed to marry. I am so glad Jack kicked Parker to the curb. I am sorry but Carly should have slapped the s h i t out of Parker! The show wasnt have bad. Maybe Goutman needs to produce ATWT only 3 days a week and show classic ATWT eppys the rest of the week.

Parker needs to die a horrible death...LOL. I hate Parker with a passion. :lol:

• Members

LOL....I can't hate Parker, but damn if that kid doesn't piss me the hell off. I hate how Pissy justifies these stupid kids, when no judge in their right mind would have acted that way. I'm only surprised Carly didn't deliberately get herself arrested to try and delay the wedding.

The way it developed, I got where Jack was coming from. I don't think he was right to throw him out of Carly's house, but I sure didn't want Parker to trample over Carly even more with his snotty attitude. Parker needs to get knocked around a little to understand what being an adult truly is.

What the hell is with Paul? I only wish he was done begging Meg because I'm sick of them. I'd much rather see Dusty and Meg.

• Members

First, Happy Birthday PJ. Parker pissed me off too. The judge was so unbelievable. What is Pissy smoking? The judge was so over the top. He didnt even take the time to find out about Parker's father. The whole scenes were absurd and just plain laughable.

I think he did more because of his anger than Parker trampling on Carly. Although that was part of it. I was thinking the same thing about Parker knowing what the real world was like.

Paul just looks pathetic everytime he is on. Howarth needs a cut. He is hair is awful. I like Meg and Dusty. But you know Pissy and Goutman orgasm over Paul and Meg...LOL.

• Members

Thanks!

LOL...today and yesterday are why this show drives me nuts. Yes, the plotting is horrible. But damned if I haven't been riveted to the fallout like a crackwhore. :D

I didn't quite mean that Jack was upset about Carly being trampled on, exactly. He didn't actually hear what Parker said to the judge. But it's obvious Carly would have let them stay and let Parker rub her nose in his newfound "adult" status. Jack nailed it today when he told Carly that Parker was proud of what he'd done and one smug little SOB.

At least Austin Peck got his hair buzzed, thank God. He looks like such a dork when his hair gets long...like an eighties reject.

• Members

Maura West was simply astounding beginning to end; from her discovery of Parker's research online, to storming into the judge's office, to be ridiculed by her own son, airing her dirty laundry, to be threatened by the judge with assault charges; Maura was rocking on all cylinders and I wouldn't be surprised if she wins her second Emmy in 2010..

Michael Park was electrifying in his scenes with Mick Hazen. Chills went down my spine when Michael delived, "Get out of my way son"; the expression on Mick Hazen's Parker's face, priceless. This episode allowed him to be sweet and caring with Janet while sitting for baby Eliza, to truly mesmerizing and full of rage when having walked in on his 16 year old son just having been married. Great range and impact and I will be shocked if he isn't nominated for a Emmy next year..

Mick Hazen plays the rebellious teen perfectly. If we fans are irritated with his ways, it is a true testament to the actor who is coming into his own and now it looks like we have a frontrunner in the Younger Actor category for 2010.

• Members

I like the fallout too. Even though I missed the weeks leading up to it. I hate how Pissy is making Carly and Janet look so stupid in the process. So Carly had NO CLUE that her son was in the championship game? It just made Carly look like a bad mother. Is Carly that busy that she doesnt know what's happening in her son's life? Janet is dumb period...LOL. But Pissy dumbed her down even more during this week.

And Liberho is so content being married. She could have stopped all this mess. She sure doesnt look like she's in love with Puker.

Maura West and Michael Park have been outstanding this week. I think MP has been extra great. MP looks so good too. It looks like he has lost some weight.

• Members

I watched a few bits and pieces of the past few shows. It's nice to see Noah and Luke are probably about as happy and affectionate as they're ever going to get. Jake Silbermann's come a long way, he's much more natural these days.

What can you say about Maura West? I can't count the number of actors who started phoning it in when they had half the crap Maura's been given over the years. She's one of a kind.

• Members

Just when I'd almost given up on ATWT, it has come roaring back thanks to this brilliant story. I am glad Parker and Liberty successfully got married and it is the mark of how well-written this story is that every character -- Carly, Jack, Janet, Parker, Liberty, Craig, Brad, Katie -- has their own unique point of view on this, sometimes a surprising one (Craig calling Jack) and all those points of view are understandable.

Archived