Y&R: Spoiler Speculation Jill/Katherine and the Recast

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if becoming instant enemies would be too crazy. The only reason Jill probably didn't have Katherine thrown in jail for stealing her favorite son, was because Kay is her mother. I could see Jill demanding that dimbulb ADA press charges for kidnapping. I could also see Katherine then turning around and taking everything away from Jill because she's not flesh and blood. The only thing that would be keeping them together is their share of the house.

• Members

I don't think they should reverse it, the mother-daughter dynamic took Jill and Katherine to a whole other level and transcended the relationship making it more interesting. At this point, I think having them feud in the same way they did years ago would get old quick and not be entertaining at all.

• Members

I disagree. I think it would have been much more interesting, all those years ago, if the reveal had been that Jill was the daughter of Mr. Reynold's (Katherine's first husband) MISTRESS...when Kay was a rotten drunk. And that Kay arranged to have the mistress' baby stolen and it was then -- by chance -- given to the Fosters. (This would have foreshadowed what she apparently also did with Cane).

Then, it would have INTENSIFIED the hatred between the women. Remember, they co-own the house, so they would have had to continue living together. But this would have given them another rationale for loathing. And it might have given Jill some claim to the Reynold's fortune.

Where I am more ambivalent, all these years later, is whether they should now reverse the mistake. It was a terrible mistake--like John's death--but some mistakes you have to live with.....

• Members

Jill should remain Katherine's daughter. The two women can still have battles... not every mother/daughter relationship is close in reality. I'm hoping that the DNA test proves Katherine is who she says she is... however, she unexpectedly disappears... KIDNAPPED! But, nobody knows what happened to her (no one in Genoa City that is). It would be more drama because Jill and especially Nikki would be devastated on how they treated Katherine, only to lose her again. ;)

• Members

First of all, let me just say that your posts are brilliant and I enjoy the sh!t out of them.

Secondly, it never even dawned on me that the Kay/Jill reveal would make Mac/Billy unrelated again. Love it.

As for my opinion- I think it would be a fantastic twist if the tests proved Kay/Jill to be unrelated. Katherine would even be questioning herself as to who she is, but more importantly, it would restore the Kay/Jill rivalry with a whole new spin on it. Katherine/Jill, IMO, have the greatest soap rivalry of all-time and I miss the old bat tangling with the shrew. That was a huge Y&R selling point for me and part of what made me fall in love with Jill in the first place.

Making Kay & Jill mother/daughter was the most colossal mistake in Y&R history and you're absolutely right: the rivalry just won't work right with them related, because we all know that in the end, the two would mend fences. As you stated, blood is thicker than water.

• Members
Even if they turn out to not be mother and daughter, they've believed it to be true for years now. I doubt they would just stop feeling that way just because of DNA. I certainly wouldn't if I found out tomorrow that my mom isn't my real mom, LoL.

What's done is done and it will be very hard to undo, IMO.

• Members

You would stop feeling the love if your mother had treated you the way Katherine treated Jill and vice versa and the only reason you felt any love at all was because of a blood bond that just isn't there. There is also the matter of Cane, if my mother had stolen my child and replaced him with another, and then set out to ruin my relationship with the replacement, I wouldn't be feeling the love.

To me this is akin of Y&R making Lauren and Sheila sisters and have them get all lovey dovey. Some things are just too bad to be forgivable.

• Members

I'm salivating right now. Ya hear me? SALIVATING!

But with the way Jill has treated Katherine since her return, and the possibility that Kay knew all along that she wasn't Jill's mum, it would be easy for them to slide back to their enemy roles. Besides, this is Jill & Katherine we're talking about here.

Ya think if Stephanie & Brooke were mom & daughter for a while, then found out they weren't, that they wouldn't go back to hating each other again?

Ew. It just dawned on me how gross that storyline would be.

• Members

MAB officially rocks my socks. Best damn Y&R writer since the great Bill Bell himself.

And Rachel Kimsey needs to stay FAR away from Y&R and Mac. That would be like bringing Kelly Kruger back to the role. Just wrong on so many levels.

Ash Bash is the one and only Macabelly!

Archived