Y&R: Spoiler Speculation Jill/Katherine and the Recast

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have gotten used to Katherine & Jill being mother and daughter. I would hate for them to change it now!! <_< Why can't they be mother and daughter and still hate each other's guts!!! :lol: There is more drama in that!! :lol:

As for Sharon, I have got nothing, sleeping with Billy is going to be the LEAST of her problems!!! :lol::lol: I can't get past it, she will be sleeping with Jack, still her husband's brother!! :huh: Interesting that she stole the elephant that Vicki gave to Brad seeing as she wanted Brad to leave Vicki for her.

This is going to be a good story for Sharon Case..I hope she knocks it out of the ballpark.

• Members

I disagree. I think the hating your family storyline has an obvious endgame: blood is thicker than water and it would eventually work out.

If they undo the DNA link then you have Kay and Jill knowing what it's like to get along, knowing what it's like to be family...but also knowing that the reality is, they're not. Then you have Kay and Jill unraveling all of the business links, all the family bonds while also building back all the old tensions. The only reason those two stopped fighting was because of the DNA...if they weren't related, they'd still be catfighting in the mansion.

• Members

I don't want to see Katherine and Jill's relation reversed. There's no need, at least I dont' think.

I would rather see Mac return to town and agree to give a DNA sample to Katherine to prove she is who she says she, but that DNA sample turns back negative. This would create even a longer road to Katherine proving who she says she is. It would also lead way to Mac finding out that Amanda lied to her and that Brock Reynolds is not her biological father, meaning she's not related to Katherine OR Billy. That would give us another shot at Billy and Mac.

• Members

I'm of the mind that the Kay/Jill revelation was one of if not the first major jump the shark moment Y&R committed..... it just sort of signified Y&R's creative downfall that culminated with Latham's dismissal a year ago.

I think 2003-2008 can be seen as the worst 5 year period in Y&R's history..... wouldn't we all agree?

• Members

But you can have your shot at Billy & Mac if Katherine isn't related to Jill...and those of us who want to see Jill and Kay back at each others throats also get what we want...

And yes, Jill and Kay's DNA link was the first 'Jump the Shark Worthy' moment and the beginning of the show crumbling till Christmas Day 2007.

• Members

I like the twist of undoing Jill/Catherine. It makes so many things less gross (like the fact that Jill was married to her brother and that Billy was married to his first cousin). Also, the fact that Jill has shunned her since she came back would serve as th catalyst to ramping up the rivalry again.

• Members

I agree. I don't know if the writers will follow through with the undoing, but even though it happens that they aren't mother and daughter, the time they spent together during the last few years definitely shouldn't be forgotten. It would be too crazy to have then go straight back to enemies in a second.

Archived