The Suds Report: Jan. 30, 2009

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Crystal Chappell is the GL actor/actress who called him urging him to watch the show again. She is a show loyalist, she is an established enough name where it matters what she thinks, she follows what people say on the Internet, and she knows that she might have a chance to get through to him considering how he likes the Otalia story and her.

The other people I consider likely are Kim Zimmer (despite her grumblings), Gina Tognoni, Beth Chamberlin, and perhaps Grant Aleksander himself.

Whoever it was, I'm glad they did it! Hopefully even Nelson will see how good GL is these days.

• Administrator

Someone should tell Nelson he didn't get the exclusive news on Martha Bryne joining B&B's writing team (news leaked out 3 days before he wrote about it) or Thaao getting fired (news leaked out a day before he wrote about it).

• Members

Agreed. I'm tired of everyone dumping on GL. They did what they had to do production-wise. Maybe it's because the writing is better or they've gotten better, but I don't notice the shaky cameras or bad lighting anymore. I don't mind the outdoor scenes at all. As long as the writing is there, they could shoot the whole show in a closet. I only watch Y&R and GL, but to read what others say about their shows right now, GL is doing pretty d@mn good.

• Members

FYI, Nelson is pissing all over Susan Lucci and Allison Sweeney's refusal to do an interview with the Canadian edition of HELLO! magazine because Nelson writes for that magazine. In saying no to HELLO! they said no to Nelson, thus, being the shrieking bitch that he can be, he is trashing them however he can.

I don't buy, for one second, that Susan Lucci is pissed at Agnes Nixon. I do believe that she's mad to take a pay cut, but I don't think she'd hold anything against Agnes, she had to take a pay cut too! I don't know what to make about his comment that ABC Daytime is basically pushing La Lucci out the door...it IS Frons after all...but I just don't see how someone like Bob Iger would let it happen, it's Susan Lucci, whether Frons likes it or not, she IS the face of ABC Daytime.

Finally, saw Thaao's dismissal a mile away...Corday doesn't like him, he never has and Thaao is somewhat expensive. Of course he got the axe.

• Members

This whole column is a perfect example of Nelson's two settings. He's a bigger bitch than Erica Kane on pills in one paragraph then when it comes to his faves he practically strips naked, sprays himself with baby oil and writhes around on the floor. Examples:

And Pinky the Cat is one of the most popular vids on You Tube. Your point?Translation: I heard that Ron broke up with his boyfriend. Wish me luck! Would X rated chocolates be too forward?

Archived