Kelly Clarkson's New Single

Shawn

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My December was a commercial failure, and it's highlighted in terms of the drop-off from its predecessor. It only scanned 782,000 or so in the US, that's barely enough for its platinum certification in the US. It also dropped off pretty fast from the album charts worldwide.

From that 2.5 million figure, 1 million alone is estimated from the US, selling only another million and a half (again only estimated) across the other continents is a commercial failure and an utter dissapointment. The reviews were bad, but that's a whole other topic.

What double platinum status? If we're talking worldwide figures, then US certification methods don't apply. And again, it barely scanned enough for its platinum status in the US.

The album had NO hit singles, and "Never Again" did NOT meet the expectations that were expected.

And Breakaway DID NOT sell 20+ million worldwide, according to Kelly's own official bio page, as of 2008, it sold roughly 12 million worldwide, which by today's standards is a HUGE commercial success.

Kelly's a nice girl and Breakaway was a massive success, but My Decemberwas a commercial failure. I don't know what other way to view that.

I do call going from scanning over 6 million on one album to not even scanning a million from the next album a big commercial failure. Also, all the singes from Breakaway were big hits, the same can't be said for the singles from My December.

• Members

Oh, I didn't mean it in that way. LOL!

I'm a HUGE music chart/sales follower, there's a few boards I visit where much of the worldwide sales/certs are posted and analyzed. I didn't mean to throw sales figures in your face, if that's how it came out.

I do agree, My December suffered at the hands of a label that didn't want to promote it, but I also thought Kelly delaying her tour and some promotional duties hindered what could've helped the album's progess, but that's another story.

My December is a personal success for Kelly, I guess, and many of her diehard fans love it, but poor singles choices and radio's refusal to support this album really killed it.

• Members

:lol: I know you didn't. When I posted that I had a bug up my arse.

My December was just an amazing album, and it sucks that it didn't do better. But atleast the fans, and more importantly, Kelly, can look back at it and be proud.

Archived