OLTL: Discussion for the week January 12th

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As much as I did enjoy the scenes with Viki, Clint, Dr. Levin and Jess/Tess, I'm tired of all this alter stuff. It's really time to end it all and move onto another kind of story for these characters.

Cole is an ass. I so wanted Starr to slap him silly today the way he was talking to her and treating her and then she took the blame for his drugs...hell if I would.

Dorian and David were hysterical, I've truly missed those two. It's really the only time I can take Dorian.

Teeny tiny rant...Viki and Charlie reconcile and then NOTHING with them. I want my couple. :angry:

• Members

Contract Cast as of this week's credits

Eddie Alderson as Matthew

Kristen Alderson as Starr

Melissa Archer as Natalie

Camila Banus as Lola

BethAnn Bonner as Talia

Kathy Brier as Marcie

John Brotherton as Jared

Brandon Buddy as Cole

Scott Clifton as Schuyler

Kamar de los Reyes as Antonio

Kassie DePaiva as Blair

Michael Easton as John

Farah Fath as Gigi

David Fumero as Cristian

Susan Haskell as Marty

Jacqueline Hendy as Vanessa

Brian Kerwin as Charlie

John-Paul Lavoisier as Rex

Mark Lawson as Brody

Florencia Lozano as Tea

Erika Slezak as Viki

Hillary B. Smith as Nora

Trevor St. John as Todd

Chris Stack as Michael

Robin Strasser as Dorian

Tika Sumpter as Layla

Jason Tam as Markko

Brittany Underwood as Langston

Jerry verDorn as Clint

Austin Williams as Shane

Bree Williamson as Jessica

Robert S. Woods as Bo

• Members

I think it had potential to be riveting, however with Bree Williamsons things always come out skewed. With her endless warbles and cringe inducing facial expressions when she overacts the mess out of her material it just comes off as awful camp. Especially with all the bells and whistles that they used to hype the scenes up. They set up everything with a cage, the wardrobe, the glasses, ect. It's just too much.

I feel that the multiple personality storyline (Tessica) has been a major one for the writers of OLTL and it's seen by many to be a highlight of OLTL of the past five years. I think it could of worked if Bree was just better at it. Now they have given her another alter and her own stage to act opposite herself for ten minute intervals during the show. :rolleyes:

• Members

Skin- Wow. I agree completely. Bree lacks the depth and ability of performing the subtext of a script.. Her acting is like a sledgehammer. SMASH SMASH SMASH. But there is nothing there but noise. Lots of screaming, pouting, face scrunching, and liken you said- warbling. She doesn't make me -feel- anything. She should have watched tapes on Youtube of Slezak in 1985-86. It is a masterclass of acting. Niki was touching. (Not the clown they wrote her as in future incarnations) Or she could have watched 1995.

Her Jessica comes off as a total bitch. Always has. The alters also have that 1 dimensional shrill bitchiness that this chick oozes too.

This storyline could have been riveting instead of campy. And its not because of the writing. It really is because of the actress.

Oh well, it was relatively good soap and it was a cool plot in terms of the babies.

And as much as I used to love these stories- I think we are nearing the last of any split personality storylines for a LONG time. And I am glad.

• Members

I like Bree. I think the multiple personalities are what make her "Jessica" for me. I liked Erin Torpey growing up but I can't see her doing this story. I think she does a wonderful job as Tess and while her Bess could use some work, it's far from bad.

• Members

I feel like she is just so formuliac and predictable, I knew from the get go watching that scene that baby Bess had died and I knew that as soon as Bess told Tess (:rolleyes:) Bree's reaction as Tess would be to wail and scream until she couldn't wail and scream anymore. I just knew that was what was she was going to do and she did it.

Archived