DGA Nominations

• Administrator

Yup, you called it. I don't know why the voters have such a hard-on for him. His episode wasn't that great in terms of directing. Did the voters go, "OMG, the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire set??? That's so awesome!!!!!!!!!! I'm voting for that episode."

And the rest of the scenes were normal scenes.

I. Don't. Get. It.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I also think the reason OLTL selected it is because it was bit different unique then a regular episode. Remember OLTL won it's best show emmy in 2002 for the Trading Places episode because it was different/unique. At first I was surprised they choose this episode mainly because they had so much to pick from but now I realize it was smart. It was different then all the other submissions and it stood out. OLTL wins DGA and now onto the WGA for Ron Carlivati.

• Administrator

But even the WWTBAM scenes weren't that great. It was good, but nothing special. And the WWTBAM scenes only took up 1/3 of the episode.

Maxam had a freakin plane set on a thingy (sorry, I forget what's it's called) that tilted the set and his scenes were intense, with so many different cuts and angles and closeups. And this was for 95% of the episode!!

• Members

I was shocked that Larry won but then I thought about it..

Whenever I think of Days I think of extremely average acting and average writing. Even with the plane crash, the acting was standard soap opera- in all the bad ways (With the exception of Peter Reckell whom I thought was quite good)..

These film directors are probably horrified that they even have to watch a "soap" as it is.

I guess for that reason alone, I can see why OLTL's episode would win- it had more "non soap" elements..

I am still surprised that GH did not win though. Generally excellent acting with a solid cast and decent scripts.

I am still happy for Larry. Jill Mitwell is by far my favorite OLTL director. She has been around since Linda Gottlieb.

Archived