AMC: "Blowup in Pine Valley"

• Members

Blow Up In Pine Valley

Will his fans ever forgive him? Michael E. Knight's not so sure. This week on All My Children, his character, Tad, who just returned from Africa, learns that his wife Krystal, has been sleeping with her ex-lover David. Viewers know David is a conniving dirt devil who has gotten Krystal hooked on pills as part of hi grand plan to destroy Tad.

But it's Tad's reaction----or overreaction--to the affair that has Knight a little worried. Though Tad, who was once known as Tad the Cad, has had the best track record when it comes to monogamy, "he takes the one-mistake-and-you're-out approach with Krystal," Knight says. "He throws her in David's lap and tells him he can have her. No second chance. He wants out of the marriage." Adds the actor: "I hope this doesn't alienate the women in our audience. It's really pretty shocking."

And how. Tad files a restraining order against Krystal, then takes her to court to get custody of their young daughter. When Krystal takes the stand, her pills fall to the floor and she cracks. No surprise here: The judge rules in Tad's favor.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not me, I'm not cheering for either one. Karma is a bitch, Tad.

Now the icing on the cake would be David moving into Tad's house and refusing to leave.

Seriously though he makes her leave for cheating? WTF? Especially when he cheated with HER when she was with Adam.

:mellow:

• Members

Zendall Fan, I have absolutely no opinion about Tad, so I just wanted to know what made you so angry at the character (and others)? Was it the buried-Madden storyline that ignited the hate and everything that followed it, or was is something before that?

• Members

As much as I hate the Carey women and want one of them to finally pay (should have been Babe!), I can't feel bad for Tad due to 1) his crap with Adam and holier than thou attitude and 2) he never paid for Mirandagate or Madden.

As for Pratt, I am getting tired of these GH-style custody battles where the men win, but at least Krystal's drug abuse os justified grounds (and Tad is not a mobster- but his ass is barely with the kids, either!).

Archived