The Suds Report: January 2, 2009

• Members

Valentini gave the ok to kill Asa when Ron asked him to. Asa freakin Buchanan! Carruthers killed Dixie. She's said it herself. EP's give story input when they should not be doing that. Carruthers is just a crappy EP, but I guarentee you, Jill and Frank are having say up the ass at their shows. They are in line with their HW's.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Serioulsy this guy is so bias! I dont take his critique as the bible! He constantly trashes ATWT. Yes, ATWT sucks big time. But he only trashes it because he is on the outs with the P&G people and Barbara Bloom.

And wasnt the Y&R episode from 89 and not 90?

He went too far trashing Brenda Epperson!! :angry:

:lol::lol::lol:

• Members

He hates ATWT and GL and makes no secret of it and it's almost laughable how Gina actually being nice and classy about OLTL and Kelly when she was asked has somehow turned into her dying and begging back onto the show. She has already turned down ABC and chose GL, or did he forget that?

• Members

"I consider the rapemance and the aftermath two different storylines, however, so it’s easier to digest."

Does anyone else find this comment strange? I don't know if I can separate the rapemance and the aftermath... to me it seems like one continuing story, not two. (Honestly, tho, it might just be my little brain.) Given people's very strong feelings about the rapemance, does anyone who hated the rapemance enjoy the aftermath-- or vice versa?

• Members

I do. I detested the rapemance, but I do believe that this aftermath will create another great storyline for Todd, whether it be a Who shot Todd?, or a tour in St. Annes for him. We all know Marty will regain her memory eventually. Once that happens, she can go back to not loving Todd but not hating him either.

• Members

The blind item about the strangling and the investigation, could they be talking about Nathan Marsden and Kathy Brier? There was rumor of trouble on the OLTL set before he was fired. Some of the actors were uncomfortable with him coming to a certain charity event.

Michael McBain has been recast three times. It could be about them.

I do believe the first one was Ambyr Childers being recast as Colby.

It sounds too, like Nelson's trying to save face and repair his relationship with OLTL. Maybe his sources are threatening to stop talking to him or he hasn't been able to get a lot of interviews. Who knows?

• Members

I hate the rapemance because I consider it a perversion of the original story and disrespectful to Malone's work. The so-called aftermath only furthers that perversion and disrespect.

First in the name of disclosure, I am a HUGE Nathanial Marston fan so take what I'm about to say however you wish. I was wondering if this was about him but I believe that NM was let go because of the arrest and the health/absentee issues that he was experiencing at that time, more than the kind of behavioral issues this is referring to. Obviously I hope that this isn't about him. Based on my conversations with a source I trust, I think that the issue with the charity event wasn't that the actors were uncomfortable with his attendance but the fact that ABC told them they would suffer "consequences" for attending (i.e. being photographed and quoted with him.) BTW, is Christ Stack a "West Coast" actor?

Archived