The Suds Report: Dec. 19, 2008

• Members

Yes besides myself I talk to a few people online that are straight male soap fans(mostly Y&R and GH) like us but on soaps boards we are usually in the minority. And yes that sounds like GL (Guess in EW's mind some love will not save the world)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would love to see RH Todd and TSJ Todd meet up just because it would be funny to see RH with his "yelling like a 7 year old who needs a nap" Todd take on TSJ with his "sometimes talking so low you can barley hear him and looking at the floor" Todd. They can fight over which one of them is more evil.

• Members

Does anyone remember in the early 90's when Oprah had some cast members from various soaps on. Elaine Princi tried to set up Frank Valentini and Laura Bonnarigo (her pre-married days) - you could tell then that Frank was obviously gay. It was awkward.

• Members

The anti-gay environment could be GL, but I wonder who at GL would actually be gay in the first place? Hasn't there been stuff said about opera-singing Ron Raines? But he's married with child, though. I can't think of any of those guys who would fit the bill, but there's always a surprise.

That said, I'd actually venture to say it's GH or DAYS.

• Members

I for one am glad that Wheeler nixed the lesbian relationship for Olivia and Natalia. I for one felt it would hurt the characters and did not want to see it between them at all. There are some characters you can see going gay after awhile, but Olivia is not one of them for me.

My guess on the show would be GL or ATWT with P&G involved esp. since they never have pushed forward with letting Nuke have a sex life. I just see either show having an anti-gay attitude backstage. I could also see Days being that way too for some reason.

• Members

As far as the new producer thing. AMC needs a new producer. Many of the shows do but with Pratt changing AMC for the better a new producer can only make it better. And surely Thorsten Kaye is professional enough that he is not going to leave because JHC gets fired. If not then it is his loss and it would be sorry of him to rob his fans of seeing him work just because of that.

With the climate of soap operas cutting back and all as they are, unless he has something definitely lined up he needs to stay where he is at. And I am sure that he has worked with other producers on other shows before.

Archived