No more 10pm dramas! Jay Leno gets new show!

Toups

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Saw it on PerezHilton too. Does NBC even get any ratings in their 10pm spots now? They're ranked 4th. I don't see how things would get any worse. If they're worried that his normal viewers wouldn't follow him to the earlier spot, would they stick around for Conan at 1130 anyway? It's not like the 4.8 million are automatically going to transfer to Conan. If they're going to lose some of those viewers with him leaving completely, why not potentially gain some by moving him to primetime?

• Members

NBC is a lost cause, and it's run by idiots who want to be "hip" and "innovative." They just can't see that what they like just doesn't bring in the ratings. I guess the talk of a major executive restructuring could help, but with Zucker still running Universal, I wouldn't be so sure.

And Leno at 10 PM EVERY NIGHT? That's bound to bomb with the stiff competition from CBS and ABC from Monday to Thursday. It can save them money, but I doubt it will bring in the ratings, and especially the demos.

I won't be shocked when NBC is bankrupt and goes under pretty soon.

• Members

NBC Universal was up 10% in profits the last quarter of 2007, but how much of that came from the network television division?

The CBS dramas especially will crush a talk show like Leno's every night at 10PM. I just can't see this fairing well demo-wise, which means they'll make nothing in ad revenue from it.

Here's some profit info from an article CNN did just yeasterday, regarding this year's profits, it appears very little comes from the main broadcast network television division, when it used to be a major cash cow for them. In fact, they appear to be LOSING money from their main broadcast network division.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articl...06_FORTUNE5.htm

• Administrator

He is right about that. Businesses can no longer do business the same way they've been doing it the past.

Sure ABC and CBS are doing great in the ratings, but they're also making cuts.

I wonder what NBC's schedule will look like next year. I think it'll be something like:

Monday

8pm: Heroes

9pm: Medium or new show

10pm: Leno

Tuesday

8pm: Biggest Loser

9pm: L&O: SVU

Wednesday

8pm: Kings (if it's successful) or new show

9pm: L&O

10om: Leno

Thursday

8pm: My Name Is Earl (it'll be their last season to get them into the right about of episodes for syndication)

8:30pm: Amy Poehler's Show

9pm: The Office

9:30pm: 30 Rock

Friday

8pm: Deal Or No Deal

9pm: New Show

Sunday (after Football)

Open slots.....possibly Apprentice....or put Kings on here and a new show.

There's also David E. Kelley's new show that you have to slot somewhere.

• Members

It's a bold move alright, but it saves them from having to pick up 5 mediocre and expensive pilots hoping that at least one will be the next ER, LA Law, Law & Order or CSI, etc.

Not sure how well it'll do. Time will tell how this goes for them.

Archived