The Politics Thread

• Members

Very true. After I posted this I realized the quandary the administration is in because it really is the job of the press to report these developments but the media is only satisfied when reporting those imbecilic antagonists in Congress. 
Social media is such a dubious messenger though and from what I’ve read, Twitter is glitching like crazy these days, a full-on implosion wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I probably enjoyed this a little too much, but I lived in Florida when Rick Scott was governor. He has this coming. His fellow Republicans cannot back away from him fast enough. When are they going to learn not to even think about touching the third rail? Never. Because they are a bunch of greedy bastards.

https://twitter.com/JoelLawsonDC/status/1623874340621021184?s=20&t=aOZpG9GrvQaIKQQPD58FMg

• Members

I won't lie, when it's gone a part of me will be relieved, but I will miss getting to see what people have to say about a topic without having to go to 5-6 different boards, and I will miss some of the more casual acquaintances I have on there that I don't really want to talk to much outside of Twitter. The political media is loathsome though.

• Members

Was it Syria that also had a catastrophic earthquake years ago? Turkey has notoriously awful construction of buildings, very low standards for how and where construction is allowed to take place. From what I’ve read, the government allowed construction on actual fault lines. This disregard for safety has comes as a tragic cost for the people. 

• Members

It's official:

A few days ago, I was reading an interview with a woman who talked about her court battles with Feinstein in the early '70s (the woman ran an adult theater), and it reminded me of just how long Feinstein had been in politics, and in positions of power. I'm sorry that her later years have revolved solely around talk of dementia, and some absolutely ghoulish statements from the dead end left, rather than her body of work. I'm glad that she, or someone around her, has decided to do the right thing. Even if my politics are probably not that close to hers in various areas, that never matters at a time like this. I hope her last years are comfortable and peaceful. 

• Members

I already see this being spun as some kind of asset to him but the truth is he's not up for this job. I never thought he'd serve a full term but at this rate I doubt he'll make it to the summer.

He's been at this job two months and has been in the hospital twice. I'm just glad that Josh Shapiro will name his replacement.