Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Big mixed feelings on this. I don't really trust anyone from the Lincoln Project, nor do I think that Democrats necessarily need to keep waiting and waiting for Feinstein to make a decision, but I have never trusted Katie Porter since she endorsed the corrupt grifter, and I do think it's a lousy ad (I also thought the book stunt last week was embarrassing).

• Members

Since I joined SON, I've periodically seen mention of Nina Turner on this thread, with sort of an assumption that we already know the problems about her.  I must confess I know nothing about her, and of course wikipedia isn't going to tell me.  I've been meaning to ask for some time.
There is so much in the political universe I know nothing about!  I learn a lot on this thread and I appreciate all of you.
Can anyone please give me a summary of what the issues are about Nina Turner? Thanks!

• Members

Others can say it better than I can, but she tends to live and breathe on far left campaigns and podcasts that mostly exist to help Republicans. She led protests against Hillary at the 2016 DNC. She was heavily involved in Jill Stein's campaign, doing an event with her in 2016. She loves purity contests, yet in 2020, before her first failed race for Congress (a race she could have won if she wasn't such a lousy candidate), she had a podcast that was, IIRC, sponsored by some big oil or pharma company. She has lost basically every election she's ever run in, yet still is treated as a serious candidate even though she's mainly just known for gems like these:

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Good news from Virginia last night, where Democrats managed to pick up a state senate seat for their narrow majority, preventing control from resting in the hands of a loathsome Conservadem (Joe Morrisey - look him up, it's not a pretty story). A narrow victory, leading to some spin, but it's still a victory, especially given the endless media fawning over the faux-moderate governor, Glenn Younkin.